Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 01/09/14: TEV Bumper mounted, did not use JDM support, ended up shaving down the USDM support, the bumper is slightly warped; would anyone recommend a heat gun, I've heard from other members that fitting one is not always 100%. The fog lamps have not yet been installed and I purchased a JDM tow hook that is not yet installed either.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm getting some metal cutting tools here in the next couple days in the mail (rotary drill and angle grinder) to install the a TEV front bumper with fog lamps.
I guess I forgot to read the thread that told me the TEV won't clear the metal Core Support underneath the factory bumper so I'm going to either:

A. Cut a slot in the length of the core support to slide the edges of the bumper inside (think swiping a credit card) and removing the edges that rub on the fog lamps.

B. Cut a flat block of the core support altogether.

Does anyone have experience doing this type of thing or have installed a TEV before? I have the JDM support but I prefer to stick with the USDM support in case of an accident.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.