Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KNOWLEDGE.

Be a sensible and knowledgeable vehicle owner. :nerd:
Before you mod your vehicle, know how to maintain it. I'm amazed to see how many car/SUV/truck owners are clueless about using the most basic and fundamental part of their vehicle:the owner's manual. It has the info needed to keep your vehicle in a safe and operational condition. What good is it to have a turbocharger, supercharger, NOS(NAWZZZ for those who prefer slang....) a CAI, header, cat-back, lowering springs, aero kits and graphics and who knows what other mods if the vehicle isn't even tuned and running properly? So before you buy any mod or do anything to your ride, learn your ride. Read the owner's manual; see what gap the spark plugs should be set at(both platinum and copper); see where to access and check the levels of the fluids like your brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant and oil(and while your at it, make sure you're using the right weight of oil, the right kind of brake/tranny fluid, etc........huh, what's that? You say that you don't have an owner's manual? WELL FIND ONE THEN....:angry: ) Hey, if you feel unsure about doing something yourself, fine. But still try to learn about it anyway so if and when you do take your ride to the shop or mechanic you can show them that you have some knowledge about what's wrong, what needs to be fixed and what it does and doesn't take to fix it.

Just remember; your vehicle(s) will be one of the biggest and costliest investments in your life, if you can't make a little time to learn about how to keep it in top shape, don't whine and cry everytime the mechanic gives you an outrageous bill to do the most basic things.......

..........just sell it and take the bus or use some other method of transportation.:sleep:[

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Lay off the caffeine man!!!!!

J/K it astounds me the amount of people who are unwilling or scared to work on their own vehicles.. when my sisters first started driving my dad made them change a tire and change their own oil, just once.. my dad and i did everything we could while they were at home... but he wanted to make sure that if they ever got to the point where they had to do it themselves, that they could... My sisters would pay for parts that broke on their cars and my dad or I would always install it.. when it got time for me to start driving... my dad in turn, payed for the parts with the stipulation that I install them myself.. but he made sure to let me know that if I ever needed help that he would be right there... That's the one thing I am really grateful for is the fact that I can fix and diagnose my own car.. It's saved me literally thousands of dollars.. fixing my own transmission on my mustang alone saved me $1000.

And to this day i haven't run up against one thing that has made me question whether I could fix it or not...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly!!!
As I have stated before,
I insist that all my vehicles are up to snuff mechanically before I start doing any mods.
That way you know how the mods effect the total machine.

I do almost all of my own work, unless I don't have the time or correct tools.

Putt

·
Registered
48 Posts
u know i was thinkin of performing a mod. but dont know much about it itself......that's sum good advice...i gotta be the car....haha jk...

·
Registered
201 Posts
thats one thing about my dad i dont like. He knows nothing about cars. Ive had to do all the research myself. Im not complaining but it is easy to get confused when your only resource is the net. And i would LOVE to be able to do everything myself. I just dont usually have alot of leeway to screw up, for if i do i could really make a mess of things.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Totally Agree...!!!

Half the fun of modding your car is to know exactly what it does...

At least thats the way I see it..!

In other words, I still have a lot to learn.. :dead:

At least I have both electric/electronics and mechanic background from school and work..! I would guess that boost my confidence working on my car..!:smoke:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats the best advice i have ever heard.
Keep preachin

Good work man...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
86 Posts
dont be hatin' on newbies. I jacked up my g to check the brake for the first time the other day. as for peugeot 505s though its another story. growin up my old man had five 505s. we swaped everything from trannys and engines to spoilers and seats. came up with a nice 87 turbo s
saved $ for sure

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
mr. ryte... is right once again.. it takes alot to open a manual, but since i know i dont know too much i guess i have to admit to knowing nothing .. isn't it some kinda proverb to "be wise and admit that ur a novice" or something like that.. im a novice at proverbs too if u couldnt tell -rush

·
Registered
17 Posts
Primera Manual Guide

Anyone here can help me to find a english manual for primera HP11 book guide. Pleas because i dont have that manual book. Hope anyone can help.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Re: Primera Manual Guide

sazsa6 said:
Anyone here can help me to find a english manual for primera HP11 book guide. Pleas because i dont have that manual book. Hope anyone can help.
I can direct you to www.phatg20.net whre you can download the FSMs for G20s. But there are some differences between the Primera and G20, some wiring is completely different for example....

But it gives you a basis to work from....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts