Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Omaha, and the temp. has barely been above 10. Right now it is -5 and my car, being at college, has no garage. I try to start it up each day and take it out for a spin just to gets parts moving, but there is something about the cold and my reverse. Even after letting my engine come to temp. I put it in reverse and it dies. Then I drive away and my cars shutters to stops (if not put in neutral, it dies) at various stoplights and stop signs. On top of that, I had a rock chip star in my windsheild that broke itself wide open tonight, so a new windshield in the summer for this guy. So, basically, I feel bad for my car. Maybe I will treat it to a transmission appt. at some time this spring... and of course the new windshield.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sound like you might have a damp problem on the HT side. Strip the lot out, give it a good clean and de-grease and refit. Then see how it is...

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
G20t99 said:
I live in Omaha, and the temp. has barely been above 10. Right now it is -5 and my car, being at college, has no garage. I try to start it up each day and take it out for a spin just to gets parts moving, but there is something about the cold and my reverse. Even after letting my engine come to temp. I put it in reverse and it dies. Then I drive away and my cars shutters to stops (if not put in neutral, it dies) at various stoplights and stop signs. On top of that, I had a rock chip star in my windsheild that broke itself wide open tonight, so a new windshield in the summer for this guy. So, basically, I feel bad for my car. Maybe I will treat it to a transmission appt. at some time this spring... and of course the new windshield.
damn bro Im sorrry. whenI read this you seem so sad and depressed but dont worry cause I would be too. good luck to you and the G...

·
Registered
313 Posts
G20t99 said:
wish i could translate what that means.... some help
Basically poor winter running is often due to damp, dirt or damage earthing out the HT circuit. Cleaning the dizzy cap & spark plug leads often cures this problem.
It's always worth looking at the simple things first....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stracyznski said:
Basically poor winter running is often due to damp, dirt or damage earthing out the HT circuit. Cleaning the dizzy cap & spark plug leads often cures this problem.
It's always worth looking at the simple things first....
sweet thanks for the help,and my G says thanks for all the thoughts ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.