Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

The deck game

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  DemonAstroth 
#1 ·
Ok guys, not looking for a fight, just want opinions. Right now, which maker is pumping out the quality head units? Ive JVCed it, and Pioneered it. Thanks.

#3 ·
jasezero said:
Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion...can't go wrong with any of them
i agree, had bad experience with jvc (amp starting buring out after 4 months) and kenwood (cd player wouldnt eject some cds and skipped really bad). I had a Pioneer unit in a ford taurus that i drove in high school, never had a problem with it. Check out crutchfield.com a lot of people leave some pretty good feedback about stuff on the site.

#6 ·
I got this one this year and I love it:

Alpine Model: CDA-9857. $349 at Best Buy, but I got it for $260 shipped on ebay brand new. It has a new display unlike older alpine headunits, and you can actually browse your whole ipod through the headunit itself. Comes with all the cool stuff like XM satellite capability. I recommend it.

#9 ·
I took your advice koojo, and ordered the alpine. I got mine for 280 with the pod cable from ebay. I will write a review for it on the sponsor section. Thanks for the advice boys.

#11 ·
blairellis said:
I had an alpine and bought a pioneer. The switch to the pioneer was the worst decision I ever made as far as sound quality goes. The Alpine hit SO much harder and cleaner. I dont know why I didnt return it and go get an Alpine.
Just curious, which Pioneer did you get?

#12 ·
I've had a jvc, a pioneer, and a kenwood. The JVC was fine, the pioneer eventually started to stop ejecting CD's, and so far the kenwood kicks ass. Any big brand will probably give you good quality and ROI. Find one with the specs you like and snag it.

#13 ·
plastikcaktus said:
I've had a jvc, a pioneer, and a kenwood. The JVC was fine, the pioneer eventually started to stop ejecting CD's, and so far the kenwood kicks ass. Any big brand will probably give you good quality and ROI. Find one with the specs you like and snag it.
My Pioneer does that randomly. I think it has something to do with the heat, cause I have never had a HU do that before.

#15 ·
Apline HU is in, and is Fking amazing. The speed at which you can go through the ipod is awesome. I think I only have only little complaint with the player, which is the lack of an eq, but without it it stills ound amazing. All in all, I would give it four thumbs up for sound quality, as well as inovation (though it is a bit pricey 280$ shipped with the ipod cable). Thanks for your help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.