Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Montreal for the long weekend and left my car at home. Big mistake! I come home from three days straight of partying to find out my G's been in an accident. Barely a week after I installed my new suspension, my brother smashes my car.
[email protected]#$#$%@^$#&#%^KKKKK, just when the car was driving perfect.

The insurance adjuster determined it was a write off and I'm waiting on how much they're going to give me. They can pay for all the cash I put in but there's no way they can pay for all the time and hard work I put into the car. Yes, it was a labour of love but it still sucks.

Joe :mad:

R.I.P. 93G20 Super Black w/JWT pressure plate, GC/AGX, custom 2 1/4" exhaust, 17" Advanti 6 Racing Wheels, KVR Carbon Fibre brake pads, Blaupunkt Casablanca Head unit and roof mounted Fuba style antenna.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:*( ..................
.............ode to a G.............:sleep:

So is your brother gonna help you pay for all of the stuff that you have to buy all over again? (I know if mine didn't, I'D KILL HIM!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: )

·
Registered
233 Posts
I take it your brother doesn't have a car of his own.. Or that's what you're driving now seeing how he doesn't deserve to be behind the wheel.

I think if it was my brother I'd break the ignition key off in his eye socket.

An eye for an eye you know.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Say it aint so..... I still have scabs from the wounds I incurred with the suspension swap! GEZZZZ!

I cannot believe your brother smashed it. What you gonna get now? another P10(I have seen a few 95-6 T's in the autotrader) or a P11? Might you even abandon ship and get another make?

Damn, Let me know what they are doing with the car as far as scrapping it. I wouldnt mind going to the junk yard to grab me some parts. hehehehe

·
Registered
129 Posts
OMG!

OMG - shocking discovery when you got back from Mtl....

Has your bro driven the car before? How the hell did he total it?

Just wondering whether "blood is thicker than water" - I guess you are relieved that HE is ok, but your G was the sad victim of this painful incident....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My brother says he got cut off by a Honduh trying to get in front of him before two lanes merged into one and when he swerved to miss the Honduh, he hit a pot hole and started to slide. This was going down a curving hill by the way (down Guildwood for those in the Toronto area). He hit the curb on the passenger side, damaged my wheels, dented the rocker panels and front and rear fenders and bent the control arms, before hitting a pole that made it's mark on my front passenger door that now renders it incapable of closing.

Good news is that the GC/AGXs were not damaged. I'm going to pull them out tomorrow to put the stock ones back in.

As for a new car, I still have to wait and see how much they're going to give me. The thing is, I plan on going back to school full time next year so I'm trying to cut down on expenses. Here are my options if I decide to buy a new car:

1. Get the money, save up some more until maybe next spring and get the Spec V. I don't want any monthly payments.

2. Buy an engine first (preferably an SR20VE - you listening Stu, I've got money for an engine now), prep it up, get all the hardware (headers, intake, MSD switches, ECU, maybe a port and polish while I'm at it). Then find a cheap car to put it in, either another P10 or an NX. Or if I get a RWD DET, I could put it on a 240 SX.

3. Get another P10 and keep it stock (except for the GC/AGXs) to save on expenses.

In any case, I'd like to stick with Nissan. If I get another P10, I know my brother's gonna work his ass off to get me another set of rims.

Gotta make the best of a bad situation. Trust me, I still aint done grieving. What a year, not only did I lose my girlfriend of four years, I lost my car too. Went to Mexico with her in January, had the best time of my life, two months later, we break up. Waited three months to finally receive the proper setup from Ground Control, spend a whole day installing on my car and my old suspension on Stu's car, get an alignment and get the best ride I've ever had, barely a week later and the car is smashed. What else is next? I can't wait for this year to be over. Okay I'll stop

Joe

·
Registered
129 Posts
poor guy

it seems this string of bad luck happens in 3s - hope u have seen the worse of it....

when u hit rockbottom....the only way is UP...

so that's right, learn from this negative and move on with the positive....

go for a P11 G? or G35? or even the altima, if that's your thing!!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Strange

Is it me or did we bring the AF forum curse to G20.net?

Hey Joe, if you get the 240sx I have already sourced a s14 black top with ECU $2000 lil' expensive. I'd still prefer to see another G 4 houses down the street. Then again you could get a 240 much cheaper make a nice penny from the Ground Controls? Hmm, thats tough. Make sure you hack off your muffler.

My old shocks/springs are at the front of the garage in a black basket help yourself. Oh, Grab your (4)sidemarkers I messed mine up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I take anything off the car, I have to put the original back on or they will deduct it from the cost of the car. I don't have the original muffler anymore so I can't hack that off. I might get some compensation for that though cause I faxed the adjuster a copy of my receipt.

Joe

P.S. Did that S14 Det come with transmission too. I might just drop it onto an S13.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What??????????? It's gone????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man, I can't believe it. I was at your crib, playing B-ball, having fun with the RC's .. our rides in the parking lot. And now this...

There must be a Toronto curse going on. Not only your brother is to blame, but If the city knew how to make proper roads, then we wouldn't have all these potholes year in and year out.

My dedication to your G Joe!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
S14 Blacktop DET

This is a black topped s14 DET with tranny, ECU, ENGINE. No intercooler. He wanted 2gz but I can get him down to maybe $1600 or $1700. Same place I have to get my engine.

I tried calling about the VE today but he was closed so I'll try again on Monday.

Luke, Love the flowers! ;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Kurt from Saber Performance told me he did a SR20DET on a P10 some months ago. Anyone in the GTA know about this one? He is looking into a conversion for my ride, but I don't think it's going to happen.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Luke, that's hilarious but thoughtful. First glance I thought you're car just got married! Hahaehah!

As for Joe, sorry to hear that dude! Things will be a lot better from now on. The great thing about it is that, the car accident makes you value your car more!

Luke, Toronto traffic sucks! I hate it! I am heading back to OT tomorrow. I think I wrecked my G for driving around TO. Too many bumpy roads and cracks and pot holes and oh you name it....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good news is i was able to recover the GC/AGXs. I'm now in the market for another p10. Yeah, I think I've decided to stay with the G. Gonna take my time this time though and try to look at as many as possible before deciding which one to buy. I'm leaning more towards a 91 or 92. They're lighter, no airbags (meaning I can get a Momo one) and I can use the extra money on a DET or VE swap. Wish me luck.

Joe

P.S. Thanks Luc, very appreciated

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Good luck Joe. There is a P10 G20 here for sale at a used dealer for under $5k. I'm staying away from it incase it's really undervalued. My fiance would kill me if I bought it. :nervous:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
don't forget ebay

they seem to sell for pretty low on ebay... but I'd highly advise you find one within driving distance that you look at yourself before you bid because you could end up with a huge problemematic g20 from ebay from the stories I've heard!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts