Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody aware of a document that details differences from year to year of our fantastic model of auto? I remember seeing a VW site for the beetle (original) that detailed 10 years of changes, from every flasher to every piece of chrome trim. Did engines change in 2K? The 99 looks like the trusty old SR20DE, but did it change? Also trim options, seating surfaces.....it would all be of interest. Any such resource on the world's largest G20 community?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Our friends in the UK have a term for people who are obsessed with such minutae ........ trainspotters!!

BTW - if you're a bonafide G whacko you should be able to immediately differentiate a '96 from a '95, or a 93.5 from a '94. :monster: :paranoid: :cheeky: :asian: hmmmm...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if we had a large G20 website that covered things like that and even had other G20 features also? They could sell shirts and such, it would be awesome. We could name it "G20.net" or something. It sure would be nice to have a large source of information with pics and details and such, exclusive to the G20.:cheeky:

Just kidding B-Boogie. Take your time, your doing good so far. I still can't wait for the new site though, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The G20 engine has always been an SR20DE. In 99, IIRC, some exhaust tuning netted 5 extra horsepower, giving a grand total of 145hp @ the crank.

As far as Primeras...they got what we deserved...NeoVVT. SR20VE, an SR20 motor with Variable Valve Timing, was the engine put into the Primera 2.0Te-V, the top of the range J-Spec Primera. I think it had 190ps which is about 187hp at the crank.
Hope that cleared things up a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts