Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love my car..alot of people just take a car for what it is..a car..I think its an extension of a person's persona..sure it gets you from point a to point b..but if your car is personified to your liking..it will get you from point a to point b in style, with beats, with excitement and joy..sharp tight turns, speed, and all because you made it that way..a car and its owner is like Voltron when ur inside your car you and your car are like one..but sometimes i get this feeling like..damn if i saved up all the money i spend on my p10..i can prolly have enough money for a p11..or maybe something else..then things happen..brake line pops, water pump begins to leak, annoying thuds and noises..at times when these things happen im like...damn..but then i think of it as f*ck it after i fix this the car wil be in better shape..then you get on the road again and all those annoying lil minor things still bug you..if my car is an extension of my self..i dun want it makin lil noises when people are in the car..so i push myself further into fixing things..less money..less time..more joy driving..i love my p10 dammit..its unique..its classy and yet sporty..its small and yet spacious (enough to f*ck in)..but these minor things that happen bring me down..and i tell myself "no more stuff for you." should i listen to myself?...like today on my way home from school..the car was all over the place suspension wise..but on the way back it was tight as smooth as hell..its prolly the roads and all but i hate hear a thud, click, thud...maybe i should put sound deadner all over the effin place...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Keep on lovin and livin life. G20s are just too good of a car to part with.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
spend it on the car, or go get drunk....the college life

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
You know what...i spent months where my weekends were nothing but constant drunkeness...now I have a reason to get up on the weekends...doing work on my car has been the most fulfilling time since I've been at school...i wouldn't trade it for anything...and GDub, i completely agree with you. Some people might not understand why we spend so much time working on our cars, but screw them =P

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I have a first-gen Subaru Legacy and there's a forum just for those model years (1990-1994; from 91-94 they had a turbo version with the EJ22T motor, which is still a popular tuner motor today). Someone posted a thread entitled "Subaru Love" about how they felt a connection with their cars. I realized I don't have Subaru Love at all -- I have G20 Love. It may not be perfect (it's old and underpowered) but god is it great to drive anyway! Puts a smile on my face every time. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Certain cars have what I call a 'fun factor' - they are simply fun to drive - cars I've had that were fun to drive:

78 Toyota Celica Coupe 22R/5sp/RWD :teeth:
83 Nissan 280ZXt (very customized) L28Et/5spd/RWD :smile:
82 Toyota Tercel EC3/5spd/FWD :smile:
91 Infinity G20 SR20/5spd/FWD : :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
I swear having my G is like having a relationship. Sometimes I hate her, and other times I can't believe how much I love her. I have done so much work to my car. At times I have tried to get rid of her, but it has been really hard to split ways. I had the p10 in the garage, and took it out for a nice ride. It puts a smile on my face everytime I drive her. It may not be the fastest, but it is sure one hell of a ride :)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Yeah, I keep on getting annoyed at all the money I've had to spend on the car ($1300 in parts since mid-July and not necessarily much of an end in sight), but then I realize how much I'm going to love it when everything is running right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i love my 20, and probably would put up with w/e problem i had, jus because i love the style, the name, and the rareness of the car. but it sounds like the older 20's have alot of problems? but there the same engines as the newer ones... does that mean i'm guna start having problems!?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
All old or high-mileage cars start having problems. Stuff wears out -- that's the way it is. I believe most of the problems on my car started happening after 120,000 miles.

·
Registered
248 Posts
ya me and the g go back and fourth it seems....we have good days and bad days...just a couple months ago a semi came over on me and i couldnt do a damn thing about it....so lately been buying new body parts for the g to get it cosmetically back in shape so i can get back to the business of replacing all the old parts...so far i put two doors, passenger fender front bumper, two headlights, new mirror, and the g is getting painted sometime in january. Like i have had my car for 3 years almost now. spent almost all the money i get on it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cryss said:
love the g20, and always will. (except the stock whp)

maybe thats why ive had 3 of them!!
yea the Hp is a downer..but can easily be compensated by a few bolt ons..i want a p11 some time in the future too..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts