Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some of you may have heard of or bought from The Mat Family (www.thematfamily.com). PrettyWhite on sr20forum was the first to purchase a set of classic mats for his NX and vouched for its quality of rubber and carpet AND fitment :smile:

i scoured their site and e-mailed them because they didnt have a set for 91-96 g20's (none for the 99 and 00-02 either). She offered me a set for $40 shipped, $25 for the set and $15 for shipping. Of course, she told me to send her a paper template instead of sending my old set to save money on the shipping.

after i have this done, she will have the p10 template and will be able to make more for anyone who wants to purchase it. i just emailed her to find out how much she will be selling them for after my set so that i can ask her for a GB price IF others are interested. If not enough people are interested, then you can buy at your own leisure. Keep in mind these are only floor mats and you may save anywhere from $5-$15 shipped so dont expect a 50% off kind of deal. nothing is set in stone yet, but i have inquired, so i should hear from them soon they are fairly quick wiht their emails. just wanted to throw this out there.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I would be interested in 99 P11 regular mats (not the rubber ones) if there were a GB, but I couldn't provide the template as I don't have the original mats...I have crappy after market ones right now. That is if I don't get something in the mean time...

It looks like it from some of the pics, but they do put put the ring in to hold the mat in place, right?

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ yes, if i remind them or put it in the paper template, they will have the ring there.

as for the p11 mats, someone else will need to make a paper template of that as i wouldnt have access to a set. whoever does that can probably get a sweet deal.

Cindy from the mat family just e-mailed me back:
"$45, plus $15 for shipping, for a tptal of $60."
that price is if you would buy it on your own time. im going to e-mail her about a GB price as well.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Will the mats be a set of 4? two for the front and two for the bacK? I'm asuming thats what this is and then Another will they have the infiniti logo? or can we get nissan, if any? thanks I will be down for a GB. LMK

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
I just want to clarify that these are either rubber or carpet or are they the rubber ones with the carpet insert? Also, what colors are available? Is it a set of three (one piece rear) or four? I may be down for two sets.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
colors are available here

TheMatFamily said:
These mats are quality after market automotive floor mats with 20 or 24 oz carpet and 80oz nib rubber backing.
LuciferBlkG20: the set will be of 4 with the rings, but i dont think we can get the infiniti/nissan logo embroidered on. PrettyWhite inquired about that once, but due to some licensing issues they arent allowed to. not sure what the alternatives are.

Yahnozha: i think you can save yourself some money with the shipping if you just made paper templates, though if you want to send in the actual mats you can do that too :lick:

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is the one piece for a 99 or a p10? i've only seen one pieces in 99's, though i havent seen too many early p10 ones that were one piece yet.

but if infact there is a one piece one, im sure they can make it long as a template is supplied (to ensure fitment) but im also sure that it will cost more.

still waiting on an email about GB from them. this is the slowest response from them yet...

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Yeah, the g20t's had the one piece in the rear, all black. I actually have a set and can maybe create the template for them. Do you just trace the outside of the mat?

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hamzer11 said:
Yeah, the g20t's had the one piece in the rear, all black. I actually have a set and can maybe create the template for them. Do you just trace the outside of the mat?
in this case. would everyone rather have a one piece or two piece? i just dont want to confuse her with 2 types of mats for one car, though i'll ask for both anyway. haha

as for the tracing, yes just trace the outside of the mat, but you'll also have to note where the holes go (for the driver and passenger front mats) as well as how much of a trim is on the edges of the mats.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i have a 95 non-Touring and i have a one-piece rear floormat in tan. just noting that it wasn't just touring models

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Im gonna get on this during the weekend. I may extend the mat a little under the seat and around the edges to cover as much of the crappy carpet as I can.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it seems that a GB will probably not happen as she told me their profit margin is pretty thin as it is, so she could only offer, at best, discounts for those who are getting more then 1 set shipped to them:

TheMatFamily said:
Shipping discounts are available if 2 or more sets are shipped together. The price breaks will be as listed below.

1-5 sets $45
6-10 sets $40
11+ sets $35

Thank you,
Cindy
can someone contact me if they can get me a template of the one piece? i need someone to trace it for me and send it to her via usps or something (on me of course). PM or e-mail me, thanks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just noticed on there site that they do the One-piece floor mat for the I30 for the price of $45 for the set of 3 mats (FR, FL , Rear) So the pricepoint and ability to have 1pc made seems quite plausible.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts