Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then, we'll just have to get everyone in the continental US and the UK to put one on their car. :)

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
JAYGOTBOOST said:
I hate to ask but what is the function of this ????
The vortex generators are a way of regaining a thicker boundary layer by mixing up that air a bit. It increases the drag, but makes the rear wing more effective.

I thought about doing a bunch of aerodynamic work on my p10, but that project is scraped for now. I was amazed when I first saw the vorex generators on the lanevo. I appreciate well engineered cars.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I thought he was talking about the vortex generators on planet voltron, from the 23 episode of the original star treck ... ;) I would venture to guess those little triangles do NOTHING for your aerodynamics...but wateva floats your boat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
trbobrk said:
The vortex generators are a way of regaining a thicker boundary layer by mixing up that air a bit. It increases the drag, but makes the rear wing more effective.
I'm a little surprised to see VGs used on cars. They've been used on airplanes large and small for many years to keep airflow from separating from the wing (so the plane can fly slower). Not sure why you'd need them to be able to make a car drive slower. :cheeky:

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_generator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts