Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off....many thanks to Tony for the hook up on the motor. Its a SR20 from a 99 G. Very clean and looks great. He said that he blew the cylinder rings on one of the pistons...oh well..

This is going to be my project motor for the next level of mods. It's going to be a year long project that will be funded fairly well. The goal...bore out to 2.2 L, slap on a Turbo, and make this car a screamer.....I havent fully thought this all out, but it will be a big project once I get started. Im sure Ill be asking tons of questions and seeking advice from you all as well as others out there. The photos will start here....

www.customsteel.com/2001/G20/Engine/

Ill keep you all posted with the progression of this project as the year goes by. In addition, Ill be doing an auto to manual swap, upgrading the braking system and other misc projects as demanded or wanted....

....wish me luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yahnozha said:
First off....many thanks to Tony for the hook up on the motor. Its a SR20 from a 99 G. Very clean and looks great. He said that he blew the cylinder rings on one of the pistons...oh well..

This is going to be my project motor for the next level of mods. It's going to be a year long project that will be funded fairly well. The goal...bore out to 2.2 L, slap on a Turbo, and make this car a screamer.....I havent fully thought this all out, but it will be a big project once I get started. Im sure Ill be asking tons of questions and seeking advice from you all as well as others out there. The photos will start here....

www.customsteel.com/2001/G20/Engine/

Ill keep you all posted with the progression of this project as the year goes by. In addition, Ill be doing an auto to manual swap, upgrading the braking system and other misc projects as demanded or wanted....

....wish me luck!!!!
Cool deal Pat.

Heh, you ought to make your own connecting rods. =)

And a short runner intake manifold. =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: bore??

Dshaft96 said:

Sure you don't mean stroke??
Nope. Cheaper and easier to bore out. Requires the bock to be bored out, new larger sleeves inserted, and the rebored and honed.

Not exactly a DIY project. =)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I wish I had the money to mess with my engine like that... I would love to make my SR20 into a turbo freak of nature too. Good luck on your new project. ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: Re: bore??

Yahnozha said:
Well just see about that...I am pretty handy with a file and dremel tool. :lol:
Well, you have a pretty serious Dremel tool and file set. ;)

Or hell, just bore out the liner, get the bores coated with nikasil (or whatever the hell the little trolls in Weisach use) and coat the pistons with iron oxide whatever like Porsche did with the 944. =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
xenobait said:
Iron oxide? as in rust? Weird
I can't remember for sure if it's iron oxide or some other iron type of coating. It's required because the 944 has aluminum bores and aluminum on aluminum galls.

German engineering for you. =)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: Re: bore??

Geo said:
...nikasil (or whatever the hell the little trolls in Weisach use)....coat the pistons with iron oxide whatever like Porsche did ....
Is that techno babble for you or what? :lol:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bore??

Yahnozha said:

Is that techno babble for you or what? :lol:
Mostly "or what."

:lol:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good Luck

Gaining displacement by boring is what most people do. Ben B., James F., and myself all run 87mm pistons to give us 2045cc worth of displacement. The cylinder walls to become thin after a 1mm over bore. HKS, Greddy, APEXi, and Toda all make sleeves to run 87.5mm - 88mm pistons. Most people who haev had 500-550+ whp motors have never exceeded the limits of teh factory sleeves. We are estimating the sleeves to give out past 600+ whp. If you need any help at all, feel free to be in contact with me.

Sincerely,

Louis Anaya
SR20 Performance

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
No sh***in, i was about to ask how much new sleeves were, i was talking to a friend of mine whos swappin an SR20DET into his 240 and into my 92 G for me and he said they run about 3 grand. DAMN thats a lot of money, a lot of money that could be spent on other fix ups to up HP...BUT, if you have the funding, go for it...good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny how quickly things can change when the prices start to fall into place and informaiton is gained....

After talking with George and Louis....a sight over bore is going to be more in order...this will allow me to devote more resource to the fine tuning and *hopefully* still be able to attain 400+ hp or so...well see :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts