Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

501 - 520 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Are the non-hid dual housing reflectors suitable for aftermarket HID kits or are they designed for halogen?
Wasn't sure if all duals have the same housing/reflectors, just some come from the factory with different bulbs...
Yes.. All you have to do is drill a hole in the dust cap and your golden...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok thanks. I wanted to get an H1 kit for the low beams in my non-xenon duals but don't want to be blinding people.
They're already blinding people since they are made for rhd traffic. Hids are just going to make them worse. I suppose you can aim them down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just had a question have a 02 p11 that was from Canada. Since it has I guess day time running lights when I install some duals would I have to do anything speacial to the wiring? Are they still even compatible ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No problems . I'm in Canada it just comes on as a daytime headlight just like how your regular headlights worked before . It's pretty simple just read up on here and if ur handy u can do it . I took my bumper off so i could install the ballasts were the tow hooks are .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can someone help me with these?
Also, can someone tell me what the wire harness above the main one is for?
It's the one below the white cylinder in picture #2.
The are 3 wires (red, black, blue) coming from it, doesn't seem like there is a purpose for it.

I need to know where these 3 wires go. I got everything else but these three. Please help. thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^ I think I found the answer just want to make sure if its the beam adjuster? These dont have to get connected right for the lights to work?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my black duals swapped in and wired and worked perfectly up til the left HID low beam went out a week ago. Flicks on at the start but cuts off after a second. Can I just buy an HID kit off the shelf and switch the old set out?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Had my black duals swapped in and wired and worked perfectly up til the left HID low beam went out a week ago. Flicks on at the start but cuts off after a second. Can I just buy an HID kit off the shelf and switch the old set out?
I have the guts for sale, but is it your ballast that crapped out or the igniter or the bulb?

501 - 520 of 552 Posts