Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

541 - 552 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
So your harness only has a male side. Are people cutting off the female sides of the other harness that's been posted?

This is the best explanation I have found on the site, so I'm copying it to this thread. Thanks Jeff!
Are people cutting off the female sides of the other harness that's been posted? >> I'm not sure for that.

Since I did much research on Gnet before getting installation I would say I've never seen much information on this How-To, might say' at it's a piece of cake.
Anyway,I would especially thank to Unisa Jec 'thread that's very organized words and clearest pictures.
Those helped my job's done easily and It was very clean & simple installation once I grabbed Nokya pigtail to combine.

Tee

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tried skipping around through various pages of this thread but didn't find much. Has anyone repurposed the duals so that the inners (closest to the grill) function as fogs and the outers have the hi/low beam? If so, I'm extremely interested.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Tried skipping around through various pages of this thread but didn't find much. Has anyone repurposed the duals so that the inners (closest to the grill) function as fogs and the outers have the hi/low beam? If so, I'm extremely interested.
I haven't personally seen that done. Anything is possible with enough time and/or money though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You'd have to change the reflectors on both. Inners are patterned for high beam only, outers are patterned for RHD low beam only. You'd need to find an appropriate reflector to retrofit into each outer, or retrofit a high/low HID projector, as well as a reflector and aim adjustment for each inner, in order to do what you are considering... otherwise, you'd just have light spewing everywhere, affecting other drivers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Son of a shit I was hoping it wasn't a daunting task haha. I don't know why, but I just realized how the JDM DC2 Integra headlights had a clean set up (3 separate sections: high, low, then fog). Was hoping achieving something similar to that would be simple. Nevermind, thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got my jdm duals but am def overwhelmed... can someone help me with a list of what I need to buy to get this done.... Are there any usdm to jdm adapters or harnesses? If not can I get a link to what pigtails I will need. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I got my jdm duals but am def overwhelmed... can someone help me with a list of what I need to buy to get this done.... Are there any usdm to jdm adapters or harnesses? If not can I get a link to what pigtails I will need. Thanks.
This thread is 29 pages long.... did you read through it at all?

"JDM Duals" are they HID (Xenon) or non-HID?

·
Registered
120 Posts
My driver side HID xenon light went out the other day, turns out there's a problem with the ballast. Any chance you know where I can just buy the ballast? or am i fucked i have to buy another set :(

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,153 Posts
My driver side HID xenon light went out the other day, turns out there's a problem with the ballast. Any chance you know where I can just buy the ballast? or am i fucked i have to buy another set :(
i believe the qx4 uses the same ballast. might be able to find one in the yard or buy a replacement

541 - 552 of 552 Posts