·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently we havent made one yet???
Here we go!

NEW ERA IN FORMULA 1!!!!!!!

Return of the v6 turbo!!! woooootttt

So for this year in F1, the rules have changed significantly. I dont want to use my own words so here you go:

Mercedes engine side view

Renault Engine top view

Renault engine rear view

This season is going to be pretty exciting. The cars are quite ugly to me, but hey its ok because i think overall the races are going to be more exciting.

This image displays one of the big changes being the lowered nose to increase safety

Ferrari has quite the ugly looking car, but this shows what their nose actually looks like.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
lol the comparison video is funny. In 2013 everyone in the stands has earphones on, in 2014 no one does.

The turbos help keep the noise levels down.

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,153 Posts
interested to see how the seasons plays out with all the new rules. ill have to keep up on this more. hopefully it doesnt suck

·
Registered
785 Posts
Even the President of FIA, Bernie Ecclestone, says the new engine noise sucks. But he is a bit of a horses-ass anyway.

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Formula 1 is the least attractive racing to watch in the entire world. The cars sound like shit and the races are boring in my opinion. I watched for about 45 minutes today and that was as much as I could take.

At least NASCAR racing sounds good, and there are wrecks a plenty to keep it interesting. That being said I am not a huge NASCAR fan either. But it is a far better TV show.

Bring back the Can-Am and real racing!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hilarious that the manufacturers Renault and Ferrari are pushing for rules to change because Mercedes is doing something right for once.

F1 used to be something very enjoyable and be the best in the world. That has constantly gone down hill for quite some time now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What is with the American people wanting to see team $$$ wasted when someone doesn't know how to drive? F1 is leaps and bounds more technologically competitive than NASCAR and requires a good understanding of racing and strategy. NASCAR uses all the same tire and doesn't require them to run two different tires which means all the driver has to do is keep pedal down, turn the wheel precisely to the Left when needed and bump into each other and to bully themselves into 1st place. F1 is precise racing and when bumping occurs the drivers will cope and not complain about it or they damage the cars and can't race. I'd rather watch a professional race with zero accidents and all drivers and teams used every skill they could, instead of being forced to follow into a wreck when a massive pile up occurs and there are walls everywhere. NASCAR is has too many regulations for power and no one pulls away easily to get a win, they just hope someone turns Left too late or too soon so they can pass. I guess Americans like everything simple since they don't want to think when watching something... which I guess NASCAR does for them. F1 pushes engine technology while NASCAR still uses Pushrods due to Rules and restrictions. There is no struggle in NASCAR, just anticipation for someone to FuKc up.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Formula may be considered boring because in most cases, the race winner is decided early on (whoever can pull away quickly)
But i dont think id go as far as saying nascar is more enjoyable to watch. If your into crashes than i guess so, but F1 gets into lower position driver battles, and its nice to see drivers having to try very hard to pass, but also not touch the other car.

That being said i do agree its not spectacular. BTCC is prbly the most fun to watch. with 4 wheels that is,
cuz moto GP is the shizz when they get into position battles

·
Registered
79 Posts
For those who only read results and can't do math.... Vettel started in 15th place, had the fastest lap of the race by .3 seconds and finished in 4th place. Now that the tracks in Europe have more turns, Red Bull as a team is going to shine. DVR the next race for those who can, and just watch the entire race from start to finish, epic battles, upsets, errors, and there haven't been any cautions for the last 3 races IIRC.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I find it funny how Renault team quit bitching once they began to learn how to properly make the engine. I love that Vettel is no longer the king in the sport that was purely and clearly dominated by Renault engine technology when they were V8 engines. Those Ferrari team members are angry or quitting.... lol

The races are good, whoever does not watch them, I feel sorry for them.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I missed Catalunya, being on at 4am sunday..not going happen. But I hope to gain some serious knowledge about F1. After finding Senna on Netflix this past summer I've been hooked! I do have to say that I prefer the sound of the V8's, but that turbo sound is mouth watering too.

Anyone planning on going to Austin in November? A buddy and I are contemplating making a trip out of it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts