Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

581 - 600 of 626 Posts

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Wonderful to see this thread I created long ago still active. :)

Wish I could say I have been religious with the program, but cannot.

So this year i'm hitting the midlife ripe age of 40. yes, Old Man Brian is gonna be 40 this summer.

STATS:
6'0"
194 lbs
34" jeans
----and yes fellas, this old man can bench press somewhere in the 200's. Not any record holder but any means, but sufficient for an old man.

I would really like to be a lean 185-190 lbs by this summer. My lowest weight in a few years has been 188-189 during the summer and I must say I could "almost" make out a six pack. Probably more like a two pack, my upper abs were showing, not lower ones.

Hopefully I can get back on track since so many of you have been so successful. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
@95g ATL Those are good goals man. It shouldn't be too hard to hit the weight goals.

I so far I'm slowly getting fluffy as planned. Still hitting PR's in the gym just making sure I don't get injured.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
@95g ATL Those are good goals man. It shouldn't be too hard to hit the weight goals.

I so far I'm slowly getting fluffy as planned. Still hitting PR's in the gym just making sure I don't get injured.

Thanks man. Makes it tough to lose weight when you are over 30, especially considering that i don't have high bodyfat, it's merely those last few lb's are the toughest.
also taking protein powder shakes 2x's per day and eating far less than i was. Still I'm almost at a standstill. I'm gonna keep at it. :)

Good luck to you as well. For the gym, there is no reason to do majorly heavy weight unless you are competing in something. I'm plenty strong doing pushups and dumbell curls at 25 lbs each arm. Sure I can do much more, but I find when I have attempted heavy weights I get hurt and then I can't work out for weeks. Pointless for me.....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks man. Makes it tough to lose weight when you are over 30, especially considering that i don't have high bodyfat, it's merely those last few lb's are the toughest.
also taking protein powder shakes 2x's per day and eating far less than i was. Still I'm almost at a standstill. I'm gonna keep at it. :)

Good luck to you as well. For the gym, there is no reason to do majorly heavy weight unless you are competing in something. I'm plenty strong doing pushups and dumbell curls at 25 lbs each arm. Sure I can do much more, but I find when I have attempted heavy weights I get hurt and then I can't work out for weeks. Pointless for me.....
Your metabolism has slowed down with age just make sure that you are not at a a SUPER low caloric intake. IF you are going past your sticking point will he harder.

I enjoy lifting heavy. I never plan to be a world class athlete (too old for that now) but I wouldn't mind competing in a powerlifting meet here and there.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
I slacked a bit and have been hovering around 160ish for the past month. Down to a 29" waist from a 34", though! I've gotten back in to my routine this past week and have been pushing harder than ever before.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I'm at 190 lbs. I feel really good here at 5/11.
I have been packing on solid weight doing push ups and pullups and running from time to time.
I oh it to not smokeing. I went from 160 lbs to 190lbs from not smokeing 1 hole year and staying active

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
LEG DAY!!!

I'm back at it. I plumped up a tiny bit. Weighed in at 188 though this was after a rather bad weekend so I think it's actually a little less. I am back at the gym finally and starting to get a routine down. I am so sore it's not even funny and I'm not even pushing myself yet. Just easing back into it. I am just that out of shape. Also another reason for the plump is smoking. I didn't quit but I don't smoke everyday. I haven't bought a pack in a month and have one or a few out at a social event. I should quit all together but hey this is better than a pack every two to three days that I was smoking. Baby steps.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
That's GREAT news Rob! I kind of fell off the eating good wagon. My wife and I both. But we've started to clean it up some now. And I've been to the dojo and trained 5 days already this week, and I plan to train tomorrow too. :) It's not really a workout, but it does keep me in motion, which is good. I need to go more HIIT training I think though. I'm up about 5lbs, so not too bad.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
i too fell off the wagon.
Starting to do something now.....
catches up w/you when you're gosh damn 40 years old.

581 - 600 of 626 Posts