Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is where I have been guys! I put up the G20's and bought 2x G35x AWD cars to start learning some new stuff. The price tag on these cars when they need work is unbelievable since nobody wants to maintain them, the AWD cars have a few issues that really aren't that hard to fix but the dealerships will charge as much as the car books for just to fix them. IE:cam sensors, front driveshaft, valve cover leaks, front wheel bearings and ball joints. I picked up my 2005 G35x for $500 because it blew the front driveshaft and it smacked the engine and tranny bellhouse hard enough to destroy the front diff and lower engine oil pan (whole lower awd engine pan). Other than that the car was in great shape with brand new tires.

My plans were to keep it under $5000 total and to use twin turbos but as I started working on the car and found that there really isn't room. If it were a RWD I might have tried it. So I started to think about a rear mount or supercharger. Well after I saw that every kit out there cost about 6k to 10k I decided to start building my own. The funny part is I used a lot of parts from my old G20 VET car. The VQ35DE engine puts out roughly 220whp. I'm starting at wastegate pressure of 7psi to tune then I'll double it to 14psi. Should break 400whp when tuned correctly. I am also building a spare engine and tranny in the garage for when the stock units blow up. It will be a stock bore eagle rod with wiseco armor coated 9:1 forged pistons. The tranny will get the same treatment as the old autotragic G20.

Why I switched from the G20? Well, #1: The P11 cars are just getting too old to find parts. Haven't seen one in the U-Pull yard for over a year now. #2 The G35 has manual shift mode built in #3 The G35 ECU can be fully tuned with rom raider if you are really good with software and patience :) #4 ATTESA AWD system (need I say more?) #5 RE5R05A tranny (they use this in the V8 titans) shift kit and rebuild parts available #6 Coil on plug stock #7 Stock drivetrain should break 400whp without any major modification (unless you count a shift kit as major)

I'm almost done with the car and we are in the final stage of tuning it @ 7PSI. There will be weeks of tweaking, tuning and moving up to 14psi. It's going to be a really fun DD!

Pic of the car when I bought it for $500

Full screen slide show:
http://photos.computekinc.us/FullScreenSlideShow.aspx?gallery=4864800&mt=Photo

Youtube link - 7PSI clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qNCK-58baQ

Parts installed:
Lower oil pan ($85 shipped used ebay) - These are discontinued parts now!! -- Installed
Lower oil pan gaskets – Felpro ----- Installed 12-15-18
Valve cover gaskets – Felpro ----- Installed 1-14-19
New Nissan OEM metal cam sensors - Boch Nissan 23731-6J90D & 23731-AL61D Installed 1-14-19
Used 04'-06' front transfer case - ($150 shipped ebay) ----- Installed 12-15-18
Brand new Bosch upstream wideband O2's - $90 each ($180) Installed 3-17-19

Transgo HD shift kit ($190 - ebay) ----- Installed 12-15-18
Front driveshaft ($90 - carpartwholesale) Installed 12-15-18
Whiteline front inner LCA bushings W52991 - $56 (ebay) Installed 12-15-18

Modify upper intake manifold for 6 more fuel injectors - Finished 2-10-19
6x GT500 EV6 fuel injectors - Finished 2-10-19

Wire in AEM FIC
AEM F/IC 6 to drive 6 injectors and clamp MAF - This will make the car MAF+MAP tuned up to 24 PSI. It works very well on my 02' G20.
AEM F/ic6 ($300) - Got a open box deal $225 - Installed 4-16-19

2014 Ford GT500 injectors $200 (ebay) - Flow tested 588cc @ 3 bar
Aeromotive FPR - Installed 4-10-19
Aeromotive # 11542 pump since I had one laying around - Installed 4-10-19
Adding stock G35 return fuel line - $15 - (original feed line from 04' g35) PickNpull - Installed 4-10-19
Bypass intank regulator - (turn a plug in mini lathe and install) - Done 2-29-2019
6x aluminum injector bungs - (Fit and weld to lower section of upper intake) - Ebay $26 - Done
Custom 1/2" fuel rails - $30 (cut custom length and step drill injector top bungs - tap ends) - Done
GTX3076R ball bearing / .82 housing (Turbo was in my old G20 VET car pushing around 400whp on low boost) (I know it's small but I'm testing something new on this build, a GTX3582 may be next) (China version $650)
2.5" Mandrel bent mild steel exhaust kit $130 - has enough tubing to build 3 cars haha slight overkill

2.5" couplings and aluminum pipe kit x2 (Ebay $80)
Tial 50mm BOV (China $40) Installed 4-28-19
Turbosmart Ultragate 38mm Wastegate (China $75) Installed 4-28-19
Harbor Freight LED 20psi boost gauge $17.99 - 20% coupon (Was about $15.50 with tax haha)

Other little stuff:

2008 350z HR front calipers and rotors (Parted from my 99' G20 vet car) - Done
Custom cut down AC board for 2 din radio - Done
Quad core Android 7 multimedia player - Torque app enabled $160 - Just finished install 1-5-19

RS7-G5 Remote start system $130 - Just finished install 1-5-19

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I see G35's popping up all day on CL and marketplace, reasonably priced too. Still really prefer the style and looks of the P11, though, completely agree, parts can be tougher to come by.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you can do with that platform this year.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Ferrari21 - I know, when I see the G35 next to the G20 I'm like man the G20 looks good! But the V35 is growing on me. I just couldn't pass up a AWD for $500. The 04' I bought was a low mile excellent shape car and I paid $3000 for it (I just got totaled out in the 04' the first of the month!!)

@ Olivertwist - I bought a complete FX35 drivetrain (Engine/Trans/Transfer case) for $400 that I'm rebuilding now with forged pistons and rods. Tranny is getting full treatment like the autotragic. Just getting ahead of the stock 160k drivetrain wanting to explode at any time. I was looking at the QX4 intake and almost bought one since it would be easier to modify the upper for 6 more injectors. But I stuck with the factory intake and pushed through. Anytime you want to stop up on a weekend let me know and I'll make the time. I know you wanted some P11 parts and I still have them just haven't had time to run around digging for them. The calipers are sitting on a shelf for you (at least I know where they are) The G35 should be tuned better in a few weeks we are just finishing it up now. The vid I took is only 7-8psi and super rich in spots. It's going to be really fun at 12-14psi tuned :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
That is the tits! I been following the SbS on the other site, waiting on more "the auto won't work replys". Excellent work man. But the Autotragic still greater than >>> G35.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Those engines are crazy oil consumption issues. The later VQ35HR model is better, eventually replaced by the 3.7liter engine.
The previous statement brought to you from a person with twenty-three years of experience in a Nissan dealership as a service advisor.

Fun projects and when they work; they are even more fun. I am interested in the G37 sport coupe if I could find one that was a good deal. Glad you are still around.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ MFNchip - Thanks! Most Z/G35 guys are hardcore 6 speed fans but I haven't had too many people dog on the auto yet. The RE5R05A is behind the Titan so I know there is quite a bit of potential in them. The 7 speed auto in the 09'+ cars look cool but I can't get as many parts for them yet.

@ Viprdude - Yeah, I bought 2x G35x cars (2004 and 2005) they both drink about as much oil as they use gas. I'll have that fixed when I rebuild the engines. I wouldn't mind having a G37xs or M56x but waiting on them to get real cheap. I have seen some of the newer engines with galley gasket failures. I wonder how wide spread that is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts