3,940 Posts
sold to a retired accountant?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChickenWing said:
sold to a retired accountant?

not sold YET.. just in storage for winter..

will begin the sad process of parting back to stock in spring.. (selling off track goodies to fund the new track goodies on the SRT4 I'll be getting instead)

..so sad.. sniff sniff

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
cost of running it on a track compared to an SRT-4, and because she is going for her next tiere of liscense which is alot more up close and personal so she doesn't want to take the chance of wrecking the Porsche when she can take a chance and drive a car thats less than 2/3's the cost....

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DragonEye said:
cost of running it on a track compared to an SRT-4, and because she is going for her next tiere of liscense which is alot more up close and personal so she doesn't want to take the chance of wrecking the Porsche when she can take a chance and drive a car thats less than 2/3's the cost....

yes indeed!

EXACTLY!!!

operating cost alone of brakes, tires, etc. are more than double on the 993 vs. something like the SRT4

..and I won't be as devistated if I get tapped in wheel to wheel in an SRT4 as I would in my 993.. I just dont' want to risk damaging my beautiful 993 going to the next level of open wheel racing with NASA or SCCA.

..I had someone joke with me about when I said under $15k for the whole car...

their comment was: $15k? wasn't that how much you spent a season on the 993 for brake pads/rotors, tires, etc.? (..sad thing is it was just about right when you factor in everything)

Sure I'll probably put another $5k minimum (if not more) into getting it totally set up properly for track.. but I put over $25k into the 993 to get it track worthy and the SRT4 will be even MORE set up!!!!

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KwikyMAN said:
ever consider racing again with a nissan car?

yes I would.. but it would probably have to be SR20DET or SR20VE powered ;)

....we shall see what the future holds..

..meanwhile the SR20DER is being readied for the track season (his track beastie will be at the track with my SRT4

..OR... PERHAPS something like the new skyline (except then were talking porsche pricing anyway so probably NOT)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts