Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering..
i love my car other then the fact that it's slow. I heard nothing but good news about the serdet engine and the second i hit 50-60 thousand miles in my car i plan on doing the engine swap. First of all i'm just wondering why infiniti never put the engine in the g20 here in america. It fits, its fast, i dont understand why they chose not to.
Other then that i was also wondering what the 1/4 mile is for the det. I heard i can take on an s4 if i had that engine so that means it should be in the high 13s am i correct? Who here has a det engine in their p11. Did you have a hard time finding someone that would pass your smog test for you, how must was installation, and any other helpfull info would be nice.
thanks
nick

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey man you should really search the forum b/c I doubt you will get many responses but I think I can help answer a few of your questions.

Infiniti never put the turbo on their engine because it most likely would've never passed emissions and would cost their back then broke ass company alot of $$. (Thats my theory)

I hear its possible to run high 13's on the strip with just the swap alone along with an upgraded clutch to handle the new power and some drag slicks.

If you have alot of questions to ask about the SR20DET then thats cool... have a talk with JGYcustoms or TurbochargedSER on this forum because they can help you out alot. Both have expertise at turbocharging the SR20 and can also hook you up with engines and parts.

Hope I was of some help and Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts