Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a true Impul sr20DE header certified by jasma. Impul also make a VE header, and both retail for about $900. As some of you might have noticed i got real lucky last week and picked it up off ebay for about 1/5th that.

There is little to no info on this header so finding out anything bout it has been a real pain, as even sr20forum says little more than it being better than the fujitsubo.

Just to get it out of the way, here are the specs everyone has been waiting for:

material: (unsure) stainless steel
weight: 18lbs
primary diameter: 1.75"
b-pipe diameter: 2.0"
downpipe diameter: 2.25"
primary length: 13.5"
flex pipe lenght: 8"
flange thickness: .75"
NO EGR, NO 2nd O2 sensor

I will be installing this header later this spring, and it will be dyno tested, as there are no dyno results for this header thus far(estimated 15-18hp). It will then be dynoed in conjunction with the RR UKDM GT intake camshaft, which also has no documented dyno numbers. I will be using this thread to post all info so as to make it easier to search for it.

Onto the pictures:

vs the 2.5" JGY downpipe ...

vs. the stillen 4-1 primary ...

stay tuned for more info in a few weeks as we see if its worth all the hype ... :cool:

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
nice pickup but good luck getting 15-18hp from it. i dont see there being that much of a restriction to be able to gain that much hp.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nice! i love impul products...
unfortunately i dont own a single one

great find and def keep us posted.
btw, what are you gonna be doin about emissions?
gas station or something?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
hehe, i was wondering where that auction went.. nice buy! i think everyone who baught something from that site got lucky, you, myself with the spoiler, P10wrc with the impul sideskirts.. and who knows what else.. i thought i saw a impul front bumper, but that was gone so fast...

nice buy!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
oy mike..looking good, waiting for them dyno numbers..

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luck definately had a large part to do with this :p

As per the estimated horsepower ... thats a guesstimate i'm simply copying from sr20forum, i have my doubts about gaining that much myself, and would be content with 15hp with the camshaft included.

Estimates on header: 15-18hp*.
Estimates on camshaft: 8-10hp*.

*Stated to see what happens when they actually go on.

Emissions, the emissions equipment will remain. It will be blocked off and a resistor will be used to avoid a SES light. If the car does not pass emissions, I have both a hook up for passing and a hook up for a lift, which makes changing out headers a breeze. :rambo:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Nice dude! Congrats man!

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
^^ cool. 15 for the cams and header definitely sounds reasonable. good luck. as for passing emissions, i barely passed with my EGR disconnected, so it is possible.

·
Registered
626 Posts
ChickenWing said:
This is a true Impul sr20DE header certified by jasma. Impul also make a VE header, and both retail for about $900. As some of you might have noticed i got real lucky last week and picked it up off ebay for about 1/5th that.

There is little to no info on this header so finding out anything bout it has been a real pain, as even sr20forum says little more than it being better than the fujitsubo.

Just to get it out of the way, here are the specs everyone has been waiting for:

material: (unsure) stainless steel
weight: 18lbs
primary diameter: 1.75"
b-pipe diameter: 2.0"
downpipe diameter: 2.25"
primary length: 13.5"
flex pipe lenght: 8"
flange thickness: .75"
NO EGR, NO 2nd O2 sensor

I will be installing this header later this spring, and it will be dyno tested, as there are no dyno results for this header thus far(estimated 15-18hp). It will then be dynoed in conjunction with the RR UKDM GT intake camshaft, which also has no documented dyno numbers. I will be using this thread to post all info so as to make it easier to search for it.

Onto the pictures:

vs the 2.5" JGY downpipe ...

stay tuned for more info in a few weeks as we see if its worth all the hype ... :cool:
what are you doing with the stillen? I want it

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To those who have asked me about the Stillen, it is just the primary, it is a brand new exhibit piece from a performance shop, and at this time it is not for sale. It will become a wall ornament.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
ChickenWing said:
There is no way that you are married. Your wife would never allow parts in the house, much less on the furniture.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAHAHAHAHA. Dude you got me, i am indeed not married, but i hope that when i am, the current gf/wife to be will continue to be just as automotively enamored as she is now(note my sig, under KubelWagen, thats her car).

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone got a suggestion for a good gasket?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts