Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arite, im try 2 buy a 99 g20, probably by the end of this year... cuz my parents dont want me having a car when im 16... and to get it, i have to make 5,000.. i probably would have had it if i didnt shit away all my money, but im startin to save again now.. but i recently found this site and hav been lovin it.. i used to want a 2000 civic si, and i am still not sure.. what do u think..? the civic is nice because u can do so many things to it, but standard, the g20 is alot nicer..if i do get the infiniti, ill probably give it that maui blue paintjob.. nice stuff.. anywayz, thas it.
pz:smoke:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Go 4 the G....

The G20 is nicer and rarer than the Civic. Just search the forum and you'll see pics, mods and other stuff you can do with the G.;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
1 - civic dont have climate control
2 - civic aint got leather
3 - civic aint got power/ heated seats

4 CIVIC ARE PLAYED OUT, but if you wanna drive the same car as everyone else go right ahead. Me personally if I had the money civic wouldn't even make my list. However if u wanna talk Prelude or Accord then Honda can get props from me. Other than that NADDA

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree with GTA. I'm not a Honda hater (i actually like them and own a Honda motorcycle) but the Civic is not a great car. It has very few options, no leather, a weak stock engine that requires a lot of work to get power, bland looks, etc. It's true that there are a lot of bolt-ons for the Civic, but everyone already has them.

I like the G20 because you get a semi-luxury car without the luxury price tag. They're not the fastest cars, but they're on par with an Accord stock for stock. And if you want to make a G20 faster, the engine can take a lot more abuse without having to tear apart the bottom end.

But, it's your money to spend. Ultimately, you're the only one who can make the decision of what to buy. If you're in the market for a good looking, reliable sedan - the G20 fits the bill. If you just want a car that's semi-quick, good looking, and cheap...there might be better choices out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i def. know that the g20 is a nicer all around car.. more of a luxury, but i always wanted the civic, because the si is faster stock, with 160 hp... and there are alot of possibilities for the car. But, i dont want to have the same car as every kid in my town, thats why i was thinkin of the g20.. i think im going to keep looking for a g20 at like 15,000.. i want a 99 or above, but i dont know how many ill find at the price. im gona keep tryin though, my top choice is def. the g20.. keep replyin with ur ideas tho, thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not sure where you live but you can definitely find used '99 models for ~$15K. The only question is how far you'll have to go to get it. My brother REALLY wants a red '99 but he lives in South Dakota and the closest one is 800 miles away.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: i think

esic said:
yea, i def. know that the g20 is a nicer all around car.. more of a luxury, but i always wanted the civic, because the si is faster stock, with 160 hp... and there are alot of possibilities for the car. But, i dont want to have the same car as every kid in my town, thats why i was thinkin of the g20.. i think im going to keep looking for a g20 at like 15,000.. i want a 99 or above, but i dont know how many ill find at the price. im gona keep tryin though, my top choice is def. the g20.. keep replyin with ur ideas tho, thanks
I though that the SIR had 160hp??? Si was 130? Am I wrong?

Chris said:
you can probably find a good 99 for $15K!

there is a 99G20T at my dealer (red too) for $15999 listed in the paper..
I can get a 1999 G20 in Canada for $16,000. That should be you can find one in the states for atleast 12k. Look on e-bay you will get a great deal.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Supposedly, the Si DOES have 160hp, but I wouldn't THINK the Si is as strong as the new Type R....the new EP3 Civic Type R is 160hp at the flywheel thanks to the new K20C engine it shares with the DC5 Integra (aka RSX in US). Funny that the engine has the exact same bore and stroke configuration (86 x 86mm) as some other high-performing engines: namely the 2JZ-GTE (Supra engine) and the SR20 series (hey, we have that in OUR cars!!!)

If you're gonna build a project Civic, I suggest NOT using a Civic Si because it's the heaviest of them all. It might have more HP to start with, but this is offset by all the stupid amenities...ie. sunroof, power this, power that, etc. (yeah I know, the G20 is packed with these things too) but if you're gonna start from scratch, my suggestion is to get a DX hatch or something. Why? Because you have the lightest chassis, you can drop pretty much ANY Honda 4-cylinder into it, and when people see the DX sticker, they'll scoff at you and then be scared shitless when you smoke 'em off the line in an "underpowered" car. Check out Sport Compact Car's Project Civic for a good idea of what you can do with "just" a DX.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FF drifter... is the si realy the heaviest one? i didnt know that... but i knew it starts at 160.. doesnt the dx start at sumthing like 106 hp? i dno how much u can increase that, but it starts pretty low.. yea, ive been looking on ebay, but most of those cars are strangely cheap, which gives me reason 2 believe that something is wrong wit them.. or they are far from me, so i would have to pay or go get them.. anyway, im gona keep lookin, thankz for the replies...:smoke:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The DX has the weakest engine of the bunch true, but as far as chassis go, they're the lightest. Get a DX if you're gonna engine swap anyways, cuz the stock motor will get you nowhere. My friend intends on putting a new "Bullfrog" head on it and a turbo, but I know he's wasting his money. Get an engine like LS-VTEC, or a B16A/B or above. Or solve all your problems: get the G20, with the potent SR20DE... Nissan engines react better to mods than Honda engines, IMO.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Well canada sucks. '99 Si comes with 127hp and Si-R model is 160 hp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats because the canadian si, is the american ex, and the sir, is our si... so it all works out.. kind of

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Cool I never knew that

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Honda jipped everybody with all that trim level crap. Imagine how hard it is when I'm trying to explain to my friends about chassis codes:

me: so the 92-96 models were called the EG series, including EG2 Civic Del Sol and EG6 hatches
them: ok
me: and the current models are the EK series, like your EKC, which is a civic coupe, but now they are being replaced by the new EP series, like the EP...
them: so what about my ex? and his dx? and his hx, lx, etc...
me: no no that's trim levels, and that's variable from country to country and it has nothing to do with the chassis, honda just changed the engine
them: so what was it again? i have an ex eg ek 92 arb40 with the D16ZC43na engine?
me: ..... yeah

Another reason I like G20s: no confusing trim levels. It all comes down to G20, or G20t. The end

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
I agree with GTA. I'm not a Honda hater (i actually like them and own a Honda motorcycle)
Ive got a Honda generator, does that count???

Really, the 99' G20 is by far a nicer car, depending on what you want to do, its a very tunable car. Its nice when you only see another G once in a while (at least here) because they are not played out. Hondas are a dime a dozen. If you dont have much buy what you can afford. If you want the G, we are here to support you. Their are a lot of very NICE G's out there, many owned by forum regluars. At lease we wont feed you a bunch of rice bull $h*t and give you honest opinions when asked...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Really, the 99' G20 is by far a nicer car, depending on what you want to do, its a very tunable car. Its nice when you only see another G once in a while (at least here) because they are not played out. Hondas are a dime a dozen. If you dont have much buy what you can afford. If you want the G, we are here to support you. Their are a lot of very NICE G's out there, many owned by forum regluars. At lease we wont feed you a bunch of rice bull $h*t and give you honest opinions when asked...
Yeah! What he said!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts