Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sourced an accord front lip to add to my car , but i stumbled onto a post where someone mentioned cutting both the front bumper and lip to fit. Can i get some more info here so i can determine if its worth it , Also it will be fitted to a jdm bumper.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You very much . now onto the install yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI the one on his car ^^^^ is the stock accord lip trim...

not sure if you were planning on grabbin a aftermarket one or not, but those aftermarket ones need more customizing
I was searching for oe lip , im hoping that the ebay seller isnt a liar , already ordered tho $45 .

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your welcome, if you need any pics on how I mounted mine let me know and I can get some.
Thanks again they would be a great help .

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey went on eBay and nobody is selling the stock accord lip, it's only the JDM one.
I'm looking for a stock 94 accord lip as well!
Tons at junk yard for $10, or your local Honda dealer has them new for $60ish.

·
Registered
133 Posts
very clean.....damn i just ordered a type r at ebay, granted it was only 40, but i wouldnt mind saving the extra 30 plus the extra work needed to make it fit..

just curious, how much work has to be done to install this? where do you cut and how much? thanks, might be able to cancel my itr lip since i just found a fresh accord at a local junk yard's search feature

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Make sure it's the early lip, the one off the 1996-1997 Accord is too thin, barely even noticeable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just cut about 1 to 1 1/2 inches on top so i could tuck the top of the lip under the bumper. So it could sit fairly flush with the bumper. I wouldnt cut it all off so you can use it to hold it to the bumper with the bolts.

The hardest thing was getting it to line up as the lip and bumper aren't the exact same shape. I lined it up, clamped it down marked my bolt holes and drilled the holes. Than i just used some 10mm bolts with nuts and washers to mount it.
Another pic
Top view it sits fairly flush just pokes out a tiny bit

I will try to get some pics of underneath later today

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.