Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of these Si and TypeR and VTECH emblems around here that people stick on either their civics or accords.

Which of these cars are actually produced here in the US that you can buy? I know some cars (maybe the TypeR) were made only in Japan.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
haha yes thats why when u see one, u make fun of it ;) , and the only type r we have is the integra forgot the years they had it, hmm theres also the Si, well theres basically a couple which are real. but there was nothing on the accord.

·
Registered
26 Posts
but the type r integras were very sparesly produced (in the US)=ultra rare. In fact they're so rare even when people have had real ones at auto shows people criticise the "pepboys" badging when it is infact a real one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The integra type-R was a limited production model here in the U.S. From memory, It came out in 97, stopped in 98. And then back out again in 99/00 The 97 was the championship white color, 99/00 available in yellow or black. The white and yellow are the unique color of integra. Also they have unique rims and stuff to distinguish from the outside.

They were rare, but not that rare. I think they made like several thousand of them each production year, something like 1500-2000 of them.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
yah, i dunno bout anywhere else, but ive seen alot in California. its nothing special to me anymore..i like the championship white version =)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
akuma810 said:
yah, i dunno bout anywhere else, but ive seen alot in California. its nothing special to me anymore..i like the championship white version =)
I can't even tell anymore. Too many "Type R" this and "Type R" that, I can't even tell if it's a real Type R. And honestly, I've stopped caring...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Speaking of which: Last time I was at the dealer, someone had a 1998 (or so) Q45 in for service. It had been bastardized with those "What up!" and "My other ride is your mom!" sparkly stickers on the windows....but the WORST thing was that it had a GT-R emblem on the back. Ohh, I wanted to do some shin-kicking right about then. Arggghhh!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Arrgghhh I can't even imagine....:evil:
But have you seen a Celica GT-"R"?!!! I saw one on the freeway and desperately tried to race it but alas, all he had to do was drop gear. I was beaten by a farce........

·
Registered
616 Posts
Eh, I don't know diddly about Celicas - except to say that the new ones look stupid, but if you go 5 years back or so they were pretty tight. I like Honda better than Toyota, if you can imagine.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Koojo said:
I see a lot of these Si and TypeR and VTECH emblems around here that people stick on either their civics or accords.

Which of these cars are actually produced here in the US that you can buy? I know some cars (maybe the TypeR) were made only in Japan.
Civics
Si - Yes, it is in the US. Infact they just came out with it in the new body style hatch.
VTEC - Yes, some Civics actually have it.
Type-R - Only in Japan

Accords
Si - No, Si is a Civic badge
VTEC - Yes, some
Type-R - unsure, I heard there was one sold in europe. Definately not in US though.

Integras
VTEC - Yep, the GS-R and Type-R have it.
Type-R - Yes is does exist, not too many but enough that it is possible to see a real one in everyday driving.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: Those damn Honda emblems

trbobrk said:

Civics
Si - Yes, it is in the US. Infact they just came out with it in the new body style hatch.
VTEC - Yes, some Civics actually have it.
Type-R - Only in Japan

Accords
VTEC - Yes, some
Type-R - unsure, I heard there was one sold in europe. Definately not in US though.

Integras
VTEC - Yep, the GS-R and Type-R have it.
Type-R - Yes is does exist, not too many but enough that it is possible to see a real one in everyday driving.
Civic--
VTEC: actually I think a lot of Civics have it. But why flaunt it, it's not like it's unique. They might as well put stickers on their cars: Powered by Pistons.

Accord--
No Type R, but there is the Euro R, which is also sold in Japan. It's powered with the H22 motor found in the Prelude. It's actually pretty powerful, and it's a good match between engine and chassis.

Integra--
GS-Rs are cool. Especially four doors. I like their rims too.
Type R: Yup. In fact, I saw one on the Navy base the other day (a yellow one) and the guy popped the hood and showed me this little plate that verified it was a real Type R.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Those damn Honda emblems

FF Drifter said:
...They might as well put stickers on their cars: Powered by Pistons....
He he! I'm going to tell this one to my brothers..they're both going to buy some crappy old cars and rice them with cardboard and stickers just to be arses.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Make sure they put a big banner across their windshields: Ghetto Racing. Also, a REAL coffee can exhaust, and get stickers from all the local radio stations stuck on the bumper next to the GT-R emblem.

·
Registered
616 Posts
They're also planning on pop-bottle NOS, and TOYO, NISMO, and MUGEN stickers....and of course off-center racing stripes. If we can get an actual shopping-cart handle for the spoiler, that's going on. Oh, and of course paint on an 11.4 track time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Integra type-r's are seen in tampa and brandon if you look hard enough (there not THAT rare). Just thought you might like to know. The rear spoiler is another way to tell, looks kinda Supra style. Plus the Type-R logo on the side's of the car are like right in the finish, no puffy emblems or vinyl graphics.

I would also like to say that yes, most people are clowns and use those emblems like ego symbols. Me and my friends actually clown people at lights with those fake badges. It's helarious the way they sit there like they don't hear us. You know they won't race.

But some people spend small fortunes on that JDM stuff and I don't know about where you guys live but over here in Tampa, that kind of stuff is getting pretty serious. I wouldn't doubt there were several full JDM civics, accords, si-r's what have you. You gotta respect that though!! Yah, love those 4 door gsr's!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Also, the trippy clear hoods and the tire valve lights. Don't forget: shave your doors so you can't open them and tint ALL your glass, including your side mirrors. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts