Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Those tiny little lights by the headlights

5K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  2000GT20W 
#1 ·
Alright i changed my stock headlight bulbs and put in some plasma xenon blue stuff that looks all sweet and stuff but those tiny little lights right next to the headlights, i guess they are the parking lights, look stupid with it's amberish-color light right next to the xenons i put. If you can figure out what any of this babble means please help me out.... i need to find a white light replacement for those lil bulbs and i don't even know what to call them

#2 ·
I know what you are talking about, and yes, they are the parking lights, they are just in the headlight housing instead of the corners like most cars. I know they make a plasma blue and i think piaa might make a super white for it now too. I was going to get some about a year ago, tried them out on my car, but then it made my super whites look super yellow.
So in short, yes they do make them. Its more of a push in bulb though, if you take it into a speed shop, they will know what to give you, but if you are looking online, i really dont know what the bulb type is called.
:nervous:
hope that kind of helped....

JP

#5 ·
Mines match perfectly, they are known as "wedge bulbs" they are the same bulbs that are in your bumper lights, side repeaters, the two front interior lights, your plate light, and your trunk light. They run for about $5 a pair, i did my whole interior and exterior with xenon so i know. I can gt them though for a dollar a pair from eurolights, theyre great and my headlight match perfectly.

#6 ·
G20 sport they probably dont match because you have the 2002 headlights which have the black so you can tell the difference, i have the 01' and its the gay chrome but the light mixes together.

#7 ·
Okay I had the same problem and bought some PIAA Platinum white wedge bulbs 12v5w and they still looks pretty weak by me 125/135w headlights so I bought some PIAA W2 (wedge2) bulbs which have the same base connector as the standard wedges but the bulb itself it twice the size and the power is 12v18w. They are just as bright as the headlights now. The only thing I don't like is how the blue tint on the bulb reflects in the headlight housing during the day.

#8 ·
Domiken said:
Mines match perfectly, they are known as "wedge bulbs" they are the same bulbs that are in your bumper lights, side repeaters, the two front interior lights, your plate light, and your trunk light. They run for about $5 a pair, i did my whole interior and exterior with xenon so i know. I can gt them though for a dollar a pair from eurolights, theyre great and my headlight match perfectly.
Yea but you have the Xenon lights, I dont have those anymore, they were burning out to much so I got rid of them, I have PIAA's now.

G-DSTNY said:
Okay I had the same problem and bought some PIAA Platinum white wedge bulbs 12v5w and they still looks pretty weak by me 125/135w headlights so I bought some PIAA W2 (wedge2) bulbs which have the same base connector as the standard wedges but the bulb itself it twice the size and the power is 12v18w. They are just as bright as the headlights now. The only thing I don't like is how the blue tint on the bulb reflects in the headlight housing during the day.
So which ones did you get!? What were they called? So those are bright, I think I am going to try those!

#12 ·
Are 168 and 194 bulbs the same? I was looking online and it seems to have the two bulbs cross referenced to each other. But in the G20 manual it says that the clearence light (aka parking lights, aka the little tiny lights next to the headlights) are 168 bulbs 5 watts and the lights in my front side markers are 194 bulbs 3.8 watts, also what bulb do you put in the corner lenses because i'm clearing my corners on friday and i want to get new xenon bulbs for them too

#16 ·
SupaFlyG20 said:
Are 168 and 194 bulbs the same? I was looking online and it seems to have the two bulbs cross referenced to each other. But in the G20 manual it says that the clearence light (aka parking lights, aka the little tiny lights next to the headlights) are 168 bulbs 5 watts and the lights in my front side markers are 194 bulbs 3.8 watts, also what bulb do you put in the corner lenses because i'm clearing my corners on friday and i want to get new xenon bulbs for them too

The clearance lights are #168!! NOT 194.

The 168 and 194 are the same fitment, but different wattage. The 168 is 12v/5w. This is what you want. The 194 will fit, but it's something like 18 watts. I think the wiring can handle a 194, but it's not the intended bulb.

As for color matching... i dunno. I had a pretty good setup before, but now i have HID's so it's impossible to match the clearance lights to it. I just went and got PIAA plasma blue wedges which is more or less a blue bulb. At least it's not a dingy yellow.

#17 ·
xboyraser said:
:bandit:

BTW, how do you get the front clearance lights removed? Is it a simple twist job or do you have to take out the headlight to do it?

It's a twist job... but it's not simple. The driver side comes off pretty easy. The passenger side is a whole other story. I hope you have small hands, it's tough to get your hand in there and twist the bulb out. But it is possible, i've done it 3 times. If you have some pliers, that might work too, but you might tear up the housing a little. When you finally get it done, you might want to consider not tightening them all the way when you put them back in.

#21 ·
PIAA W2 (wedge2) 12v18w

Domiken said:
G20 sport they probably dont match because you have the 2002 headlights which have the black so you can tell the difference, i have the 01' and its the gay chrome but the light mixes together.
It depends, if you got HID 7000w. like i do NOTHING will match going to stock ones where they´ll do the job.

casual said:
its a simple twist to take out and second the clearence bulb is 194 bulbs and 195 bulbs . :D
clearence bulb
the link might ot work now but it should by later
link
casual
Is not that easy, you have to be lucky, ´cause sometimes you
miss the unlock twist.

Good luck.

#24 ·
JanusX001 said:
Does anyone have PIAA Xtreme White 9004 (headlights) with the Xtreme White 168 (parking lights)? If so, do they match well? Or would going with a W2 be better?

About a year ago, my friend (RSX-S) and I decided to change our headlight bulbs.
I ordered the Xtreme White H4's and 168's, and he ordered the Super Plasma H1's and 168's. When we got the package, we installed our respective bulbs, but it looked like my 168's matched better with his headlights and his with mine. I thought maybe it was a packaging error, but a couple months ago I ordered 168's for my side turn signals and personal lights and the color of the Xtreme white 168's is the same color as the Super plasma headlights.

OK that being said, the moral of the story is that if you want to match up Xtreme white headlights, get the Super plasma 168 bulbs.

#25 ·
Well I got a p10 so my headlights have 9004 bulbs, I'm assuming that doesn't make much of a difference so I'll go with the plasma 168's. Stupid question, what colors are the Xtreme White (white/hint of blue), Super Plasma (blue?), and Ion Crystal (yellow?) bulbs from PIAA?

#26 ·
JanusX001 said:
Well I got a p10 so my headlights have 9004 bulbs, I'm assuming that doesn't make much of a difference so I'll go with the plasma 168's. Stupid question, what colors are the Xtreme White (white/hint of blue), Super Plasma (blue?), and Ion Crystal (yellow?) bulbs from PIAA?
Yeah Xtreme Whites are almost all white with very little blue, Super Plasma's have a more blue/purple look to it. For some reason PIAA did the exact opposite for their 168 bulbs though.

:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.