Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, since the discussion came up about how expensive it is to paint our cars. I have been looking into the three stage paint process. If I am thinking correctly here. A three stage paint process should not be that hard to do. You spray your base coat, then the metalic coat, then the pearl coat, right? Yeah I know it's not as easy as painting a model car. But I can, and have painted solid colors, like my civic, and my truck. I end up doing roughly three our more coats of paint, w/ clearcoat anyways.

So, does anyone here have any experiance in doing the three stage process? If so, I would like to here what you think about the process, and if it's possible to be done in a backyard garage setting.

Thanks

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
It requires time and patience. I had my rear wing painted in R-81 Milano Red (don't give me crap about it being a Honda color) which is a tri-coat paint, which really doesn't make any sence since it is actually 8 layers deep

Clear
Transparent Candy Red
Transparent Candy Red
Transparent Candy Red
Deep Red
Deep Red
Deep Red
Primer

I talked to the painter guy and he said it isn't hard, but most people will hurry the process and do a crappy job.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree, I know that it is not at all a hard thing, as long as you know what u are doing, take your time, and be careful, and you should be fine. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts