Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wanted to post a reminder for everyone to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!! I passed by the remains of an '00 Civic SI (rims and all). He was racing a Cougar, as the story goes, and lost control and rolled several times. Before a last roll, he was THROWN from his car. He was Medivac'd by helicopter with his head as one big bandage.
The moral of the Story: 1) Wear your seatbelt, 2) Don't race at absurd speeds, 3) Get some real track time to know how to take your car to the limit and bring it back. 4) There are millions of other idiots on the roads, so wear your belt, they are out to get YOU.
I will share a tip an SCCA racer shared with me about driving - always identify and think what the other driver MIGHT do, before they do it. Like the guy pulling up to the stop sign up ahead - predict he WILL pull out at the last second. On the outside chance he does, you are ready to avoid it because it did not catch you off guard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
although i don't always wear my seatbelt, i try.
just last night i was coming home from going out (2-3am) and their was little to no traffic. the freeway slows to 45mph zone b/c of traffic. i was doing around 60 and an rsx passed me doing like 80. so i speed up (not to race). i see her taillights move around a lot and when i come completely around a turn i see her hit the wall and crash her car. she was okay, but the car got messed up pretty bad. she was wearing her seatbelt.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I always wear my seatbelt. Wearing my seatbelt is much like brushing my teeth, I always do it and I never forget. Although my friends sometimes forget to put their seatbelts on in the passenger side, I always remind them.

About a month ago, a street incident happened here, in which 3 passengers were thrown from their vehicle after it crashed. 2 of them died on the scene, the other was in serious condition.

People and their damn street racing!

·
Registered
424 Posts
atomic-G said:
I always wear my seatbelt. Wearing my seatbelt is much like brushing my teeth, I always do it and I never forget. Although my friends sometimes forget to put their seatbelts on in the passenger side, I always remind them.
When I drive, I always wear seatbelt. When I have sex, I always wear condom. Okay, the latter was unnecessary but the point here is that safety is always the first thing in mind! When my passenger do not wear a seatbelt, I remind them the hard way. That is, accelerate to then quickly jam the brake and turn to them and say "Now imagine that only 100 times more the impact!!"

atomic-g, it's an indication that you're a good driver that you spot your passenger does not wear a seatbelt!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been wearing my seatbely so long it feels wrong not to. Even if I'm only moving the car a few yards....

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G-loads said:

When I drive, I always wear seatbelt. When I have sex, I always wear condom. Okay, the latter was unnecessary but the point here is that safety is always the first thing in mind!
;) No argument there. :p

xenobait said:
I've been wearing my seatbely so long it feels wrong not to. Even if I'm only moving the car a few yards....
Same here. It's like second nature to me.
Hey, you never, never know... :paranoid:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts