Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

My G20 seems like it is on its last leg. 173,000 miles, I couldn't have asked for much more, given that the car wasn't taken care of very well in its younger years (previous owners). All was good until about three months ago, when my brother's car broke down and I offered my G for him to drive for a few weeks until he got himself a new ride. Everything was fine for a few weeks, until someone driving a stolen car ran a red light/stop sign and hit one lady, then spun and hit my brother. Everyone was ok, but the driver got out and ran from the scene... He was never caught.

The wreckage is on the front right fender- it knocked out the turn signal, blew out the tire and really messed up the fender. Six days later, someone rear-ended him, hitting the back left corner. Talk about bad luck, eh? ;)

But the other day on my way to work, a hard, high-pitched, metal-grinding type of sound emmitted from the front right wheel. I pulled over, but did not see anything out of the ordinary, but I did smell something was burnt. I continued to drive another few minutes to work, and I have not heard the sound since. Tomorrow I will be taking it into the shop, and my Dad suggests that I not spend any more money on fixing the car.

Oh btw, neither of the drivers had insurance, so I'm thinking of taking the insurance money (from my insurance co., if there is any) and put it towards a new ride.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow during the day. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I might be parting out the car over Ebay. But I'm not so sure I want to have a stripped car in my driveway :) I love this car sooo much, and I've had many good times in it, but it certainly can't last forever.

I'll check back with you all w/ more info (might not be for a few days, but I'll have pics probably tomorrow).

1993.5 Midnight Blue G20, SR20DE, 173,000 miles, tan/brown leather interior...

Update: Pics can be seen in my reply below

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Sorry to hear your luck. My car was hit aswell but has since been fixed and yet to be moved from the shop. Im scared to [email protected] it up again. Atleast my mom has her own car and doesn't need to manhandle my baby!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Light it up

Dude, blow it up. Put it on video. With "Firestarter" :monster: by Prodigy in the background. Then post the video on the internet. I am going to start a documentation of the street racing world, much like F&F, except without a plot. I could use the video as the opening shot. Good luck with the pyrotechnics.

·
Registered
65 Posts
its cool to see that youre ready to let go of your car. i have such big problems with that. parting it out could be quite profitable....what color is your interior? hmmm???? i could also use some window switches...

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well...

it sounds like the car had a pretty good life... BTW: I've seen G20s in much worse condition still driving around in the streets of Chicago so I wouldn't feel so badly.. if you can get it working a-o.k. 100% mechanically.. then why not just look around in junkyards to replace the panels/bumper instead of going the body shop route?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts