Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I guess I'm giving in, even though I said I would never lower my car, I will be lowering it this weekend. It just looks way better lowered, I will be using the GR-2 struts and HKS springs combo. Anyhow, any advice on the install process and am I suppose to cut some bump stops or something like that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i was told when i got mine lowerd you can cut the bump stop but if you dont it isnt that BIG of a deal.. send some pics when it is done.. GoodLuck

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
JKdonger said:
Ok I guess I'm giving in, even though I said I would never lower my car, I will be lowering it this weekend. It just looks way better lowered, I will be using the GR-2 struts and HKS springs combo. Anyhow, any advice on the install process and am I suppose to cut some bump stops or something like that?
Yes! cut the bumpstops. It gives you that much more travel. I don't see any reason not to cut or replace them if you lower your car, it's just added travel.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do not take them out completely, they protect your shocks from bottoming out. I think an inch to take off should be fine, the HKS is supposed to lower about 1.2 inches if I remember and your pretty close to having no travel at this point. I've found that taking an inch off the bumpstop smooths the ride over minor bumps but stay away from potholes.

Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
cutting about 1/3 of the bump stop should give plenty of suspension travel without any concerns. make sure all 4 bump stop are cut the same length though!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
You'll have to get KYB AGXs or some other adjustable struts too. Lowering springs usually have a higher spring rate than OEM shocks and will wear the GR-2's out much more quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.