Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from MA know a place w/ in a 40 min drive of Boston that will do a good tint job for under $200? If it is far I would prefer them to do it in 1 day as well. Thank you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Knights Tinting....It's in Bellingham if I remember correctly. What % tint are you looking to do??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I'm about to do the same...thats as dark as you can go (legally) in MA. Most places will go darker but then you have to find someone who will do the inspection. CT people have it easy with only emissions every other year.

I haven't gotten a quote from that place but I'd say about $125. **Make sure you get lifetime tints** Ever see a car go by with purple windows?? The sun does a job on them after a while if you dont get lifetimes. Most of the time they do the rear window in two pieces so you will have a seam in the middle of the window. It's not a big deal but for a little more $$ you can get it seamless.

Thats what I'm doing 35% lifetime seamless

Hope this helps...where im MA are you from? I'm from medfield (near Natick, Dover, Framingham)

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I'm not far. I am in Boston, but my car is in Newton. I got to Natick/ Framingham all the time. I mean gotta go to Nick's Sat. night when the weather is good. I am also interested in the 35% seemless lifetime tint. Maybe we could get a group rate, I might be able find a few friends around here that would also be interested. Even if not I'd like to know the regular price. Thanks for the info, maybe we can even go together and have a little 2 person MA meet. Then we can post pics :)

-Paul

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nicks is is the place to be on Sat night. I'm about 15 minutes from there. Always some nice cars there. Yeah definatally about that group rate. If people are interested let me know. I'm in

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If u can get me an aprox price I'll start asking around. I u wanna talk directly my aim screenname is MoReace2000, and my e-mail is [email protected] otherwise just keep posting here and I'll keep checking

·
Registered
109 Posts
moreace, do you bring a car to Nick's?

do you bring your G?

I would def. be interested in one of those group rates...Keep me posted...I am in the Metro area in Mass as well...

just curious, how much more to seemless and lifetime tint add to the price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know about other cities. But I'm virtually positive it's illegal to have more the 50% tint on your driver and passenger side windows in Boston. I almost failed inspection one time cuz the guy didn't put that gauge on my window. My Ser has 50% on the driver and pass. sides, and 20% on all the rear windows. It works pretty well. You can go with 20% all around like my roommate if you have a good hookup=)

If you do, let me know btw....haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I def don't pull my car in Nicks, I park at the bank nextdoor and walk over. Group rate doesn't look good. Bopper can only get it down to $200 which isn't really a deal. I'd love to try and have something worked out, but it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I called Knights Tinting yesterday. It's in Mendon, not Bellingham...Sorry about that. He said about $225. For the group rate (4 or 5) people he'll knock off $20. Thats still not great. I'm not going to have it done there...after talking to one of my buddies who knows someone that owns a tinting place in CT....He can get it done for me for a lot cheaper so looks like I'm taking a ride down there sometime soon.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got my tints done at Auto Fashion in Boston. Its off of Mass Ave. They charge $200 whether you want legal limit (35%) or darker. But if you choose to do darker...it has to be in cash. But it is a lifetime warranty and they did mine pretty flawlessly.

2002 G20 w/Sports Package
Black Obsidian
WW Front Lip
Cleared Front Blinkers, Side Repeaters, and Taillights
Hyper White: Clearance lights, fog lights, map lights, dome light, trunk light, license plate light, backup light, and blinkers
Xenon Headlights
35% all around
Blacked out front side marker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wait...the legal limit is 35% on the driver and passenger side? Why the hell do i get so much slack then? Or maybe I have 35% on my fronts and that stupid light guage is just that, stupid. haha

Where do u live in boston Chekmi21?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I live in the suburbs..Peabody

I go to school in boston so I'm here like everyday.

Yeh legal limit is 35% front passanger and driver windows...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where do you go to school? I'm a senior at Northeastern.

Hmmm... Maybe I have 35%. I should have paid closer attention when that guy did it. It was like that when I got the car. So, who knows, maybe I was misinformed.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts