Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Tint question

865 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  G20Casanova 
#1 ·
I just bought my 99' P11 last week (first car) and am looking to do some mods to it. I just went to the place to schedule tints to get done, but since I am only driving with my junior license (work and school) and I drive everywhere, I can't afford to get pulled over for illegal tints. I was contemplating 70's in front and 15's or 35's in back ( legal ) but idk if that will look stupid or not...would appreciate all info on this..thanks in advance

#2 ·
first off, welcome to the forums.

i'm gonna have to say it's gonna look pretty odd....my buddy took the risk of just getting 35's all around, and he's been lucky about not getting tickets. depends on where you live, and how the cops are. also what color is the car, if it reflects your tint a lot, then you're more likely to get pulled over. worst case scenario is you get a 40-70 dollar ticket. which could be enough reason for you to just get 70's all around. in the end it all comes down to your decision though. good luck, and i hope this helped.

#3 ·
thanks kwiky...I live on long island, NY and there are a lot of cops, and they are d*cks to the extent that when my friend was pulling out of the school parking lot with 15's all around he got pulled over and got a 60$ ticket...now I wouldn't mind the ticket so much, but if I get pulled over with my junior license, I am in a world of hurt because its illegal for me to be on the road other than school or work...thats the only thing stopping me from getting 35's all around or something.

PS: the car is silver

#9 ·
you will barely notice 70's, I am from westchester, NY and we have the same prob with cops being dicks (here in philly its not an issue) but i got 20's all around on my p10 and never had an issue, but my friends with honduhs and such always get pulled over, my sugesstion: get the 20 or 35s all around and then once you get the ticket it will be a fix it ticket, so you just go to a place that tints and pay them to remove your tints (get a recpit to show the court) but dont have them actually do the work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.