Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a beige 92 g20 and want to get my windows tinted. I live in VA so I can have 35% on the back half and 50% front sides and none on the windshield. I can't decide wether to go with 35% rear/ 50% front or just get the 50% all the way around. If you have your windows tinted please post pics with the tint %. BTW there is only one tint place in my area L.A. Tint and they will not tint illegally. Please help me decide.

·
Registered
306 Posts
VA too.

I'm in VA too, King George to be exact. I have my 88 Integra tinted 35% all the way around and it is not that dark, nor have I been cited during inspection or by police.

I like the look of 35% all the way around. It is light enough to look like factory but dark enough to block the UV and heat well. But if you HAVE to, do the 50% on the front windows and 35% everywhere else. OR better yet, get just your rear windows done in 35%, buy another 6 feet of the same tint from the Tint shop and, if you are near me, come on over and I'll tint the front windows for you. Charge? 1 large pizza per window :)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
where exactly is king george va? actually, how many virginia folk are there here. if there are enough we should meet up somewhere.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where does everyone live in VA. I'm like 35min from DC in Fairfax County. That would be tight if we could meet sometime.
Is there anywhere that would do 35% tints on it all. Sorry 95Gee20Tee but that is like 2 hours or so each way to King George. I really want all 35% but L.A. Tint is the only place that does them that I know of around here and they won't go illegal. If there is a better place near me tell me and I will check it out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
KG, VA

Actually, I am only about an 70-75 minutes from you in Fairfax. I know it seems like a long way but it's a nice drive (except during rush hour). One of my co-workers commutes everyday from Burke down to here.

King george is directly south (as the crow flies) from DC where Route 301 crosses the potomac at the Harry W. Nice Bridge. You can trianglulate it by drawing a line South out of DC and East out of Fredericksburg.

I am in the D.C. area on the first weekend (usually) every month. I am a Reservist at Andrews AFB, MD.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
im in arlington but i can usually get to the mclean/tysons area where my lady friend lives in about 20-30 minutes.
also, this might be a long shot, but if any northern va people know a place thats looking to hire people, im getting sick of being a jobless bum, and for some reason even our local starbucks didnt call me back.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be so tight if we met somewhere and got some more in the area to come. I will make a new thread with VA meet today and see who else lives near here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To be honest...I have 35% and I wish it was darker. I wouldn't bother spending the money on 50%. IMO it's not worth it.

Jim

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
started my tint...

Started the 35% tint on my G. I just got a 6" windshield header and one of the rear fixed windows done so far, no much time with my 100 other things to get done this weekend. I'll probably take it to a shop for that back window. I haven't figured out the technique to skrink/stretch the tint to conform to a complex curve, especially in ONE piece. Should be less than $50. Anyone tint their sunroof glass? I thought about doing the dark, mirrored tint on it.

One tip for doing the roll down windows: Remove the door panel to allow the tint to go below where the weather seal meets the glass. This keeps the edge of the tint from catching the weather strip. If you take it to a shop they usually just jam you weather seal down and hope it pops back up with a little use. So, if you want a better quality job, remove the panel before you go. This allows the shop to get an extra inch or so lower and not get any soapy water all over you door.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone else have pics of 35% tint on their car. Also is there any place in northern virginia beside la tint that does a really good job?

·
Registered
306 Posts
More tint done...

Just tinted my sunroof glass with some 35%. The tint plus the tint in the glass should make it about 20%. It seemed a little let a little to much solar heating in, so the darker color should help. The UV block should help the leather too.

There should be plenty of tint shops besides LA tint to pick from. MAKE SURE they do you rear window in ONE PIECE!!! This is the professional way and far better looking than multiple pieces. This is some indication of a better quality shop, as they have to HEAT a high metallic content tint to form fit the rear window. This takes more than a little experience to accomplish. Look at their warranty, also. After you live with the tint for a few days, go around with a VERY close inspection in good light to identify any major bubbles, creases etc. The good shops will redo any problems you find.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i got 35% all around on my 02 black G. First i didn't quite like it. I thought it's little too light. But now, i just love it. My suggestion is somewhere between 28-35% would look good. Go with Llumar, 3M or SunGuard - as they are quite good as quality.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LA Tint is a very good place. They have a lifetime warranty, metalized tint, seamless tinting, etc. It's not a problem and I am getting them tinted tommorrow morning at the legal limit for now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
how many...

how many more threads do we need talking about the same subject - tinting?!?!? there must be 5 activve threads regarding tinting and stuff.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts