Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tint my Gs windows. I was looking online to see what was offered, and I found kits with precut shapes for your car, only $80. I have read from you guys that I should get a shop to do it but I really don't feel like having to spend an extra $100-$200 for tints, is it really worth to pay a shop to do it or try it my self?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
definitely VERY worth having a shop do it. i have never once see a good selftint job. its not as easy as it seems. id pay for a shop to do it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Pay Pay Pay! Come to NYC and get it done for under $100 without warranty and like $125 with lifetime warranty. Worried about quality tints, then buy your own tint elsewhere and bring it to a shop. A person who has done 200+ cars literally, I would favor anytime.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Go with the pros....theres a subaru shop by my house that does it for around 100-150 or something. pretty good in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah its so close in price to pay $80 for a do it yourself, your back will thank you and you will thank yourself when you don't have to not only pay for a new tint job but pay them an extra $50 to remove your botched job

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
:smile: i do tint on the side once in a while. trust me its not as easy as you think. those precut sheets are not always perfect and if you have never done it before i guarantee you will hate yourself for even trying. save the $80 and pay me to do it :smile: :teeth: :naughty: :lol:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
go to a proffesional and make sure they offer lifetime warranty..

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Any one have a certain brand that may be better then the rest?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
/\/\/\ That seems pretty good.
I got quoted $140 for Kyras P10 so I think I'll be doing that this spring.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
blackhawk said:
ok I guess I will go with a pro to do it, to bad I live in CT and theres like 5 shops in all of CT.
i dunno where in CT you live but there are a few places down here that do it and like Erik said, you can get it done cheap in the bronx. i can recommend a place in the bronx that has done 2 cars for me if you like. in bridgeport there is a place i can recommend also, but it costs a little more. any big city in CT will have tint shops.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
JAYGOTBOOST said:
I just got 15% grade all the way around on my p11 ,which was Lumar tint and it took about 4 hours but well worth it...I only paid 150.00 and it came with a life time warranty
man i need to find some place in SD that'll hook me up. Lowest Ive been qutoed was $200 the most be $265

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ugly said:
man i need to find some place in SD that'll hook me up. Lowest Ive been qutoed was $200 the most be $265
check the reader, when i was back home over break i picked up a reader and saw 10-20 shops for 7 windows @ less than 200.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
StangG20 said:
i dunno where in CT you live but there are a few places down here that do it and like Erik said, you can get it done cheap in the bronx. i can recommend a place in the bronx that has done 2 cars for me if you like. in bridgeport there is a place i can recommend also, but it costs a little more. any big city in CT will have tint shops.
I live in the monroe area in CT, but I saw a butch of shops in bridgeport. But as I was looking the yellowpages last night I came across a shop really close to were I live, I dont know if they do car windows or house windows, so Ill give them a call, but thanks.

One other thing is, what % do you guys have on your rear window? CT law is really anything, just to have no less than 35% for the side windows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts