Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of a G (or any car for that matter) with 35% tints. I'm not sure exactally how dark that is. If you do and wouldn 't mind posting them it would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Not the greatest example... but....

You can see G-Loads Titanium G20, it has a 30-35% tint (I'm not sure if it's 30 OR 35%, so I just put 30-35%) and my Red G20 has a 25% tint or so. I know G-Loads tint looks darker in the picture, but really it's not - take a look at my tint on the right and G-Loads will have a slightly LIGHTER tint on his G20.

·
Registered
424 Posts
atomic-G said:
Not the greatest example... but....

You can see G-Loads Titanium G20, it has a 30-35% tint (I'm not sure if it's 30 OR 35%, so I just put 30-35%) and my Red G20 has a 25% tint or so. I know G-Loads tint looks darker in the picture, but really it's not - take a look at my tint on the right and G-Loads will have a slightly LIGHTER tint on his G20.

Mine is a 35% tint. The most legal you can go in Ontario.
Yes it looks darker in the picture but it's really not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
35% is as dark as you can go in most states (not all). It's not super dark, but it's generally enough to keep the temp in the car down and prevent people from staring in at you. Some states will allow you to go darker on the back windows, but not the driver/passenger window. This can help make it harder to see in. Some states won't let you tint the driver/passenger windows at all. I think ~28% tint is the best compromise between legal and completely dark, but if you get busted you'll have to remove it.

I'm getting my windows done this weekend so this is something i'm wrestling with right now as well.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Cue is right. I have illegal tint on my front windows, but in 6 months, I haven't had any trouble. But then again, I don't drive my G in the Winter and in Summer I have the windows rolled down. I just didn't want the front to be lighter and the dark to be darker, I personally think it would look stupid. G-Loads has a legal tint and it looks almost like mine, just a tad lighter. It all comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I personally would not go any darker than 30% grade for a couple of reasons. First, it is illegal and it can be a pain in the rear when facing with cops. Secondly, you should consider the night effect on your tint grade. At night, the so light 35% grade can become as dark as 20% grade but would be perfect during the day time!! Something you should consider!!!

If I am not mistaken, there is no limit as to how dark you can go for the rear windows. But mismatching the tint grade just make it pure UGLY, which I think defeats the arts of tinting!!!!

PS...and if you want to feel more dark? Wear a 5% grade sunglasses, for f**k sake!! =) And if you want more darker...Drive Blindfolder....but please stay off the street!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

·
Registered
109 Posts
combo question...

if it is illegal to have tint in the front windows, should people try to get at least a 10% tint on the front and maybe a 20% or whatever they want in the rear??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: combo question...

lukeyc3 said:
if it is illegal to have tint in the front windows, should people try to get at least a 10% tint on the front and maybe a 20% or whatever they want in the rear??
maybe you're mistaken. that combo will make the fronts darker than the rears.

i have 10% on my G and love it. yes it's illegal, but i haven't had any trouble with it, yet... i plan on playing stupid if i get asked-"i bought the car with it on. i don't know how dark it is". suckers. the only qualm i have w/ my tint is parking (i always back it in) when it's very dark, and i can't see the lines. mind you this only happens when it's very dark out.

my friend had 5% (limo) on his 280Z and when i drove it, i couldn't see shit at night. now he has a 740 and he put 5% on that and you can see at night time. i guess it's b/c of the amount of window space (2 windows on Z and 4 huge windows on 740).

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't see the purpose such as this.....tinting with 5% grade!!!
Personal preference is one thing, being completely stupid is the other.......

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
G-loads said:
tinting with 5% grade!!!
It looks really cool. My friend did that to his Integra all around. Durring the day you can see out, but they can't see in, at all. I don't know about night though, I never rode in my friends Integra at night. You probably can't see anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts