Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You have to reinstall your stock muffler? How's the rest of your system set up? is your b-pipe/rear section bolt up in the same spot as it does on a stock exhaust? also does it use the same flange? Or are you looking to bolt everthing stock from the cat back?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
HAHAH, wait a second.. i might ahve read this wrong. Do you mean a tip as in help putting your muffler back on or a tip as in the end of the piping coming out of the muffler?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a tip to go on the back of the stock muffler.

Yes, im putting back on my stock muffler unless I can find another quiet one, i will make a switch after the next "Hot import Night" in June=)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have a BOSAL tip welded to a BOSAL oe muffler. I had a MX cat back muffler and was at 1st impressed. The drone of both my header and the exhaust proved to be a bit much on long trips, So I put my previous oe replacement muffler back on and kept the MX down pipe on. The MX muffler may be bigger than what you expect and it also hangs low. It's definitely a poor mounting design but it sounds good and doesn't look or sound bad. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts