Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm down to my final two tires after hours of looking around-

pirelli Pzero Nero
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Blackwall&tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M&S&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=05WR60NMSV2&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

bf goodrich traction t/a v
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Raised+Black+Letters&tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Traction+T/A+V&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=05VR6TTA&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

ratings wise, reviews wise, everything wise, they are at a virtual tie. so it all comes down to me making a decision based off the tread design. anyone know a thing or two about tread design?

scenario- i live in nj.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
i dont know much about tread design, but then it somes to snow, you need something to be able to dig through to the tarmac, and the bf goodrich tyres look like they'll do a better job.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Go P-ZERO's all the way......I used to have them on my car and promote them at my shop they were awesome....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true bf goodrich looks better in snow, but how about handling aka cornering, clamping down, etc.?

g2- how were they awesome?

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
i'm just talking from what i've heard and seen. i've never actually driven on either brand before, so my knowledge is rather lacking. maybe someone else will respond soon with a more educated opinion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
test result for goodrich "Out on our dry handling course, the Traction T/A provided a confident, sure-footed feel when driven at the limit. Steering response was crisp, responding quickly to driver inputs, and helping the Traction T/A score the fastest slalom and overall lap average times, as well as the highest average cornering (g-Force)."

note when they say "driven at the limit". i wonder what that meant

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had some BFGoodrich Traction T/A - H's on my old car...

I think the V just means it'll be a stiffer sidewall for the higher speed rating...

They were decent tires. But I never ran then in the snow, since I don't get any where I live. In the wet weather they were decent as well. Great for daily driving, can't recall accidental wheel spin in the rain. Decent feedback from the tires.

Also mashed those tires. Local 10 mile road, serious smashing, they'd last those 10 miles, and then have nothing left to drive safely.

I'd buy them again for daily driving.

But for touge, or when I go Auto-X or to the track, I'd buy some real tires.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For reference they were on my Altima in my sig and were size 205/60/15

Also I ran them for either 13,000 or 16,000 miles before I got them replaced at Costco.

I know they would have lasted much longer, but given the amount of canyon running I was doing, ahem, I mean the lack of them filling the tires with nitrogen to keep them properly inflated, despite keeping up with the service of tire rotation and re-filling, the inner and outer edges were nearly completely smooth.

>_>

<_<

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
mvppalisades said:
true bf goodrich looks better in snow, but how about handling aka cornering, clamping down, etc.?

g2- how were they awesome?
I had them on my TSW's when I first put them on my car and took it up to Penn. for the weekend they had 4 inches of snow and the back roads weren't plowed they worked great......and each ridge kept the car from skidding when I cornered....In the rain they channelled water really well......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
talked to some tire guys. from what i learned, the pirelli's have higher percentage of silicon which makes it much more superior in the rain. pirelli's is en route to my house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts