Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't a good exhaust shop in my town. This PartsTrain and the like Bosal stuff sounds, fits and performs like crap. The eBay SSAC stuff is garbage.

Anyone know of some good bolt up parts? Looking for something like the stock G20 header and mid pipe where the pipes actually fit and insert into the other. Not some BS flanges that you are supposed to magically line up. The SSAC knock off, which is a Hotshot knock off is ridiculous.

·
Registered
254 Posts
why exactly do you say ebay SSAC is 'crap'? ...we have had great success with it over the past 6+ years FWIW

at any rate, I'll be selling a genuine hotshot header soon enough....
At one point, about seven-ish years ago, SSAC turbo manifolds were notorious for cracking at the flange where it meets the runners, due to poor welds. This COULD be attributed to people not supporting the turbo properly, but other manufacturers didn't have the same problem. At some point, they put in a brace to help remedy the problem, but by then they had a pretty shoddy reputation already, and it seems to have spread to their other products.

·
Super Moderator
15,335 Posts
You won't find them anywhere but Japan. You can contact o2G2o and he may be able to score you one and arrange shipping but it's going to be expensive.
To the OP, you have two options Greddy MX or Fuji exhaust anything else is going to be crap, fit like crap and sound like crap.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
go figure our hotshot sounds exactly the same as the cheaper ebay SSAC knockoff... even looks the same for the most part (as copy cats often do)

...but YES, the cheap ebay SSAC tends to need modifications before being bolted up (nature of the beast)... so if you don't want to deal with that sort of thing, then yes indeed, go 'name brand' or more expensive versions of course!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My stock system was rusted so I put my extra ebay header on, 2.5". Stock '99 sr20de. The stock header gave smooth response through the whole band, the ebay header seems to have dips and surges. I'm wondering if the shoddy construction is leading to this. The pipes aren't welded flush with the flange, leaving about a quarter inch in some spots where exhaust gas runs into the flange. Not smooth at all.

I've had 2 of these crack, on the VE anyway. I hate how you are supposed to guess that the header is mated proper with the down pipe. Vs. the stock header and down pipe mating with each other perfect. This g felt smoother with the stock setup. Wish I could find a good stock system with the Nissan muffler. That system is tuned for the motor and ECU by the factory and they did a great job.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On top of all that, the Bosal system from PartsTrain was too long after the cat and the muffler had a tiny hole from the welding spatter. The hangars right and left are reversed so it sits tilted a little. I had to have an exhaust shop shorten the resonator pipe section just after the flange for the cat so it would fit on the car. So far, I've never gotten proper parts from PartsTrain or AutoParts Warehouse.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting a Topspeed header and a flux capacitor. I like the long secondaries before they merge to one. Hoping for good mid-range performance. Having a 2.25" mandrel bent system made with an 18" maganaflo resonator and magnaflo muffler. With a '93 intake cam, it might be nice for daily driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.