Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after many hours reading on forums all over the web as well as here I "think" I am down to 2 tires. These will be going on the stock wheels for a 96 G20, so I know they are not high performance. My goal is something with decent all-season traction, good treadlife, and economical.

I tried to find a place that carries Toyo in the area and could not find a single one. So I settled on Discount Tire Direct. It's between the:

Hankook Optimo 418 - $49/ea

or the

Yokohama Avid H4S - $60/ea

I was just wondering if anyone here had used either tire and what they thought of them on their G20/other car. Or if they have heard things good and or bad about the tires. Also any recommendations for any tires I may or may not ahve thought about would be awesome! Thanks in advance guys! :)

-Hadrien

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Yokohoma all the way...hankook's are crappy tires...if you get them i hope you like blowouts =P

I actually have the Yokohama Avid's you listed. They are fantastic tires. Lots of grip for an all season.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I have two of the Yokohamas on my car, and there are four on my dad's Subaru Forester. Pretty good tires. I would recommend them.

I got Yokohama T4s for my Legacy and it's amazing how much better they hang on than the crap tires I used to have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW! Such quick replies. Well Yokohama's it is, I was actually leaning toward the Hankook's until I posted here. As usual the G20 community roxXxorz my s0XxXorz. (sorry for the leet speak, Im more of a computer dork than a car guy, but Im working on the car guy part)

Thanks a ton guys! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mashimoto ZX tires. FTW. ...

but no really out of the two listed i'd definately go with the Yokes, I had yokohamas on the G before and loved it. right now? The G is sittin on Toyo rubber. overall i'd prefer BFG but not to thread jack..sorry. so yes, the yokes. :teeth:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd probably go with the Yokohama's as well just from what I heard about that brand...

Although personally, I'd go with some BFGoodrich Traction T/A - H's, same catagory tires, but I've mashed the crap out of those on my old car, decent tires, held up for a 10 mile mountain road while mashing, then it was goodbye tire grip, but for daily driving, and some fun offramps, more than good enough.

·
Registered
871 Posts
jasezero said:
Yokohoma all the way...hankook's are crappy tires...if you get them i hope you like blowouts =P

I actually have the Yokohama Avid's you listed. They are fantastic tires. Lots of grip for an all season.

Hankook is anything but crappy. I had some on my 17s and they lasted FOREVER! In-Fact when I sold them 8 months later to Mike they still had like 80% tread.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I had Kumho's before...and they were great...but they don't have the model line they used to for the smaller tires =(

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
They don't have the size on those models for the stockers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I actually have the Yoko Avids on my car, and oh my are they good. They aren't winter tires though, so don't rely on that but they are very, very nice tires. Good grip, and decent in the wet. Haven't ever had anything else on my G20, but I'd rock them again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts