Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm stuck. i thought i could sell my '02 g20, but now im getting last minute doubts. don't worry, i'd still be part of the infiniti family. i used to have pre-'01 qx4 before the g20 and now im thinking of goin retro and gettin a '01 qx4. i've had my g20 for 4 yrs, so im just bored. i wanted to change it up so i was gonna sell my g20 but now im not too sure. only reason why i'd keep the g20 is to get new racing suspensions to spice it up. but that's only if it truly changes the car's handling to a point where it's like the lotus. now i ain't stupid, ain't no g20 gonna perform like a lotus, but u get my point.

my budget is only up to 700. i could get ksports? i guess im lookin for a racing style suspension? g20 peepz seem to recommend getting agx/gc or something like that, but buying those will easily go over the 700 budget.

to sell.. or not to sell and get new suspensions..

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
agx/gc are definitely not over $700. 2 seconds with the search button could have told you that. matter of fact you dont even need to search. couple threads right now going on

·
♥
3,947 Posts
popcorn:

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
ok sorry, thought the group buy/ebay deal came with struts. it still wouldn't be much over 700 tho... if you are willing to spend $700, you might as well save another 100 or 150 and get what you want..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If you think just dropping your car will get your car handling like a Lotus, you're going to be disapointed, there's a lot more to it than dropping it...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"now i ain't stupid, ain't no g20 gonna perform like a lotus, but u get my point.

my budget is only up to 700. "

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well, if you're getting bored with the car and are contemplating selling it, or modding it to make it fun again, I don't know if dropping it will be the best of all choices.

Toying with suspension is a long process if you don't have the funds to do it all at once. FSTB, RSTB, RSB, dropping it, all the little bushings, and whatever else I can't think off the top of my head. It's a long ways to go.

I remember your other thread, at least you have good tires, and that's the most important start.

Instead of spending $700 on dropping it, why not pickup a set of front and rear Strut Bars, and a Rear Sway Bar, maybe an intake, piece by piece make it fun.

You want it to handle like a Lotus, it'll come close one day, but you're also getting bored with the car and want enough change to make it fun again, but don't have the money, but you'll need the money to mod it, to make it fun again, otherwise you'd rather sell it. See how it goes round and round?

If you're getting bored with it, but also do like taking turns, I'd suggest some other mods here and there to keep your interest before just dropping it, that'll be one of the more expensive mods, that will look great and help handling, but I don't know if it'd be enough for you to keep the car.

But eh.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts