Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not for a g but for my maxima, anyone use tokico blues? how are they or have you heard anything 'bout em?

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i had tokico illumina's (white adjustable shocks) in my mustang and they were friggin awesome. my friend has the blue's in his ser and he has no complaints. couldn't give you any specifics on the blues though

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had them on my old car.

They were okay, personally wish they were stiffer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to Tokico's website, they are the ones that make the Maxima's OEM shocks.

And I've been told that the Primera's OEM shocks are Tokico..... does anyone know who makes the G20's OEM?

·
Registered
233 Posts
On my old Teg, they matched up pretty well with the H&R Sport springs.

But it depends on the springs -- IIRC the Blues are closer to OEM replacements, so they can handle stock to somewhat stiffer than stock. Can't really use them with race-level springs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i ended up ordering the tokico blues w/ h and r's, hopefully it will be a noticeable difference from stock, cause the stock maxima handling is nothin special (perhaps i was spoiled by the g?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Blues are barely stiffer than the OEM Tokicos. H&R springs are said to be the softest and most comfortable spring available. The pair will work and it will ride nice. Just be aware that the shock will not last as long as OEM or if you bought an adjustable like Illumina.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^the illuminas would have made it too expensive and im not lookin for the stiffest setup ever,i just want the car to lose the 4x4 look and handle better than it does now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stechs are soft, but not nearly as soft as H&R.

Honestly the blue/h&r setup is very popular and by no means junk. Its just that some have had the rear struts blow out with any aftermarket spring. Youll like it, carry on!

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
i thought h and r were stiff as hell :zoinks: mike (p11gdub) had some and they were rough
of course he was on stock shocks, which might not help much..

·
Registered
233 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
i thought h and r were stiff as hell :zoinks: mike (p11gdub) had some and they were rough
of course he was on stock shocks, which might not help much..
H&R makes (I believe) three different types of springs:
OE -- just a tad lower than OEM, just a tad stiffer.
Sport -- usually 1-2 inches lower, somewhat stiffer
Race -- 2-3 inches lower, much stiffer

So it depends on how much you can take, which also in part depends on the conditions of the road. Because of the sheer number of cars and people on the highways, California has the worst roads in the country and I wouldn't rock stiff race springs here in pothole-heavy San Francisco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts