Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on making a cowl hood for my p10 to work with my stock Bluebird intercooler. Someday I would like to put a larger topmount intercooler on the car, but I never want to use a FMIC. I wan't to get plenty of air to the existing one, but leave room to put in a larger one and still get a lot of flow. I was wondering if anyone had ideas or links to people who had done the same thing? Some pictures of working cowl hoods (top and bottom) would be awesome. Is there anyone who makes a fiberglass or carbon fiber cowl hood for the P10?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
citystreetsbimmer said:
i have a p10 hood pearl white with a hood scoop lying in my shop. i have a grtir and had a top mount
Do you still have the grtir intercooler setup? Do you know how difficult it would be to put that intercooler and turbo on my car? I would like to see pics of your hood to give me ideas what to do to mine.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
ok u install it.........& right now the intercooled is sitting on ur VC, so u lowere ur hood & make some marks on it to about center of the IC & then u get a saws-all or ur chioce of cutter & hack a big hole (size of IC fins, not the whole IC) then u find a scoop about that size throw some bondo & rivets in & poof ur done :smile:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
when I turbo mine, Im going top mount IC too... IMO it's a bit more unique, I know people say stuff like cooling wont be sufficient but as long as your not racing it I don't think you have to worry about that... also top mounted turbo would be sweet... piping might be a pain though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that hood really pearl white? It looks exactly like my color wich is kj1. If it is my paint code, it may be worth it for me to have it shipped to Oregon. I'd Like to see some better pictures of both sides of it. Do you know if that intercooler would work in place of my bluebird intercooler? Some prices would be nice.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
gomd3 said:
when I turbo mine, Im going top mount IC too... IMO it's a bit more unique, I know people say stuff like cooling wont be sufficient but as long as your not racing it I don't think you have to worry about that... also top mounted turbo would be sweet... piping might be a pain though.
thats only true to a point. once the intercooler gets heat-soak from the engine bay (which is pretty much always in a turbo car- high underhood temps) it wont matter if your racing.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
ever touch ur vc after driving around the blk........thats what ur tmic will feel like..a cowl or hood scoop is useless when ur standing still

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope I don't spend much time standing still. I work at home and I never get stuck in traffic so I should be ok.

I guess a lot of people favor the FMIC for many obvious reasons, but if this setup sucks as bad as you claim, why would Nissan put it on the bluebirds from the factory?

Do you think it would be a good idea to put some kind of heat shield between the engine and the intercooler?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I'm having a problem with the engine getting too much hot air I could also put some vents in the hood, but I don't like the way that looks.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
bb's came with a factory hood scoop

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what is the difference between a factory hood scoop and one that I put on? Do you think the stock bb has a problem with the intercooler getting too hot? I figured if a TMIC is good enough for a WRX sti it must be good enough for my car.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
wrx has great venting scoops..

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i cant remember the members name, but i do remember he had a maroon p10, with a hood scoop that was off a subby? didnt look bad at all.. i wish i could find pics..

he also had a renault front and rear lip.. and volvo sides... i belive... god i cant remember.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts