Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I know this is a very old post, but I'm in the need of a quick boot and I'm not sure how to get it. When I check in the auto part store website none of the split ones seem to be available for my 99 g20. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I've heard of a product called easy boot, but it is a company in Italy called Hippored that makes them. I ended up just going with the $8 BECK/ARNLEY option, which requires pulling the entire axle and some disassembly to replace. Here is a response I got from Hippored if you're interested, no removal of the axle required, but these are a little more expensive.

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2018 8:59 AM
To:
Subject: Re: CV Boot Question : What Size to Fit a 2000 Infiniti G20/2000 Nissan Primera?

Ciao Tony,
to know the right size to take, you can measure the cv-joint diameter and axle shaft diameter, and follow the instructions.
the instructions to use "easy boot" are:

boot 80 for joints with a diameter of more than 79 mm up to 89 mm
boot 90 for joints with a diameter of more than 90 mm up to 110 mm
axle shafts up to a diameter of about 24-29 mm

the height is not essential.
EasyBoot is fine only for the wheel side (for the engine side we're planning a specific EasyBoot)
can find all information on our official website www.hippored.com (on site can do a quote with shipping)
can buy on our shop online.

For further information I'm available.
Best Regards,
claudia,Hippored

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm surprised West Virginia is that strict. Trust me though PA is worse. We have a second house in South Carolina and there are NO inspections. Its about personal responsibility there- up here its bureaucracy and the auto repair industry in the pockets of the legislature. Corrupt beyond belief

21 - 22 of 22 Posts