Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my leather seats are great except the seat of the driver--what do most of you do when leathe seats tear--I hate seat covers

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
an upholstery place should be able to fix it for you if not then i think theres some infomercial for this stuff you rub on to make it dissapear lol my bad man i'm not laughing at you i'm laughing at the infomercial
good luck
casual

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dude I have the same problem, anybody else have this problem with the driver's side seat tearing? The bottom half of the seat where you sit has a nice tear on mine. I asked the upholstery shop and he wanted to do the whole seat for $700. How freaking ridiculous is that? I could buy a new one for that price. If you only need the bottom half done it will probably cost you $300. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
project can you try going t o get a second opinion from another spot cuz wow 700 is alot you can do alot better with 700
casual

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same problem with the drivers seat and the rear passenger side seat. The cheapest ive found here in the east bay is $900! Man what a rip...looks like its off to Pep boys for some seat covers....

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
ProjectG20 said:
Dude I have the same problem, anybody else have this problem with the driver's side seat tearing? The bottom half of the seat where you sit has a nice tear on mine. I asked the upholstery shop and he wanted to do the whole seat for $700. How freaking ridiculous is that? I could buy a new one for that price. If you only need the bottom half done it will probably cost you $300. Hope that helps.

94Gride said:
I have the same problem with the drivers seat and the rear passenger side seat. The cheapest ive found here in the east bay is $900! Man what a rip...looks like its off to Pep boys for some seat covers....
:confused: :confused: :confused:
$700?!? $900?!? Sheesh, for that much you might as well order some aftermarket seats!
I got some dark tan covers on my front seats for $20 each at Autozone. :-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, there you go. Sparcos look kinda weird surrounded by leather, but who cares! They're cushy. :paranoid: Or something. :p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Mt drivers seat had two big tears in them that looked like shit but i just got the leather on all my seats redone to two-tone black and tan, i'll put up pics when i get my camera developed, it looks bad ass

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, but how much did it cost? I live in a place where upholstery shops are a rarity, probably why the price is so ridiculous. Im going to check out some shops in the city and see what kind of prices I can get for fixing the bottom half of my seat. The only problem is that you fix one spot on the seat, then a little later on the rest of it starts to deteriorate. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yeah, i didn't want the patch i needed to fix to not match everything else so i just got it all done at once, my cousin knew someone that does leather so i had it all done for 950 instead of 1200 usual. It was a shitload but it looks good and now i have the new car smell that you can't buy in stores :) :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yeah, 200 is what i was quoted to get my torn patch fixed but i wanted to go all out

·
Registered
836 Posts
no no, I said REPLACED. I got brand new leather AND got it installed for 200. And this was done by an infiniti master tech.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
hey jbl doesn't your father work at the dealer? .. lucky you!
But anyway would he be able to get the program to look up part prices on the whole linup of cars its that cd that us also the fsm for the techs?

i had a set before from a master tech in nj but he couldnt get the newest one for me and i needed the newest one they sent out to activate the rest..
casual

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I replaced both leather sections (back and bottom) of my G for a little over $500 almost three years ago. I did all of the work myself however. This was from Scottsdale Infiniti.

If you want to repair the tear, or need anything at all for your leather, call the folks at Leatherique. Those folks know their leather and what to do with problems.

http://www.leatherique.com

·
Registered
836 Posts
ok, ok - one of you had it right. dads an infiniti master tech, and of course he knows people. i bought the leather @ my fater's price from the dealer, and he had it installed for free from the leather guy he sends cars to. I'm just lucky to have my dad in the business. For example, I bought my 92 three years ago, with 60k on the engine for two grand. and I get crazy discounts on EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
yes yes congrats jbl man most of us wish we were in your situation but could you share that discount ? and would your father be able to help out on getting the fsm they use at the dealer to look up parts and the fsm they use for repairing the cars

take care
casual

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
mmmmh...

I know... I have a couple of bad tears as well... in my passenger and in my rear seat... I think the 700-900 digits are a bit outrageous! So if anyone could help out with some hook-ups that's be great... ;)
Right Cas? :p

If not... I'll try the infomercial... or seat covers... or maybe even Sparcos... :lol:

·
Registered
614 Posts
My driver side seat had a couple of tiny tears that were barely noticible, the pass side was nearly flawless.
I had a couple of sparco torinos, but I ended up selling them before putting them in, I now have 4 momo seats (2 ft, 2 rear) but i'm still tring to figure out how to mount the rear seats. I got a pretty good hook up, normally they're around $2000 for four, I paid less than wholesale> $1000 for four, i'll post pics soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts