Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after meeting with the unfortunate...i am back in the market for a HU and i was searching ebay and came across this seller....

whc88hk

if you look at his store, he has several double-din touch screen moniters for sale, and they are all going for $250 or less!!! what the heck? now i know there is also a $50 shipping charge but if you could sneak one by at $225 or less and pay that shipping + insurance you have a double din touch screen for under $300 !!!!

Somebody clue me in on how this is possible. are these HU's just so crappy that they can go for cheapo? The guy ships from hong kong so i know that probably has something to do with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-DI...emQQcategoryZ38649QQihZ018QQitemZ280042013509

check that one out. nice huh? Give me your thoughts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
the fact it has no name makes me uneasy, but someone has to be the guinea pig lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thats a good deal, I was always curious why its selling cheap. His ebay score and his feedback are awesome records. Atleast you know he has sold a lot of stuff. Be the guinea pig. Maybe I'll give it a thought and try it myself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
junknstuff said:
my friend has one of these in his celica and even hooked up a tv tuner. its pretty neat if youre not expectiong a $1000 value for <300
what do you mean? resolution? sound quality? looks? any info you got would help me.

I probably won't be the guinea pig on this one, but would love to find out if someone else has purchased one similiar to tell me about it.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
its a pretty basic unit but does what it says but not overkill. i dont know if you get what i mean, but basically you do get exactly what you pay for and maybe a little more, but dont expect it to have every single perk/output that a really expensive brand name unit may have.

my friend is using it just fine with the tv tuner and hooked up to amps and what not. pretty neat as i've watched tv on it on some trips...

·
Registered
593 Posts
i bought some dvd players for my car one time from a seller in hong kong and they were terrible. they where only $35 bucks each but they where so bad it was rediculous. the part that scars me is the remote that is in the ebay add looks almost identical to the remote for the dvd player. honestly if i had a double din dash i would buy one. i have a jensen touch screen flip out tv dvd player in al my other cars becouse i have a freind that works for them. i get them from him for $475 . at atleast i know there somewhat of a good brand .

·
Registered
4 Posts
yep them jensen screens are great for the money.. i have the 9311 not the touch screen.. nice deck for the money i got mine used thos..

·
Registered
4 Posts
citystreetsbimmer said:
i have a jensen touch screen flip out tv dvd player in al my other cars becouse i have a freind that works for them. i get them from him for $475 . at atleast i know there somewhat of a good brand .
u can get them for that price if not cheaper at the stores, so ur not getting a deal..

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
i have one very similar to that, Valor in dash double din.
the remote looks similar but mine is all silver.
i think i paid like 480 for mine off ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts