Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I went under the G and I think i found the source of the leak. I really dont know what the part is called, but it is where the stick shift rod connects to the tranny...I noticed that there is some sort of sleeve that was pushed out which i think caused my tranny to leak..The leak was pouring...Crap I hope these pics will help us visulize the prob..
PLEASE HELP ME...
Dont mind the act pressure plate i need to sell it...
HELP ME

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, I looked at your pics. I've never seen a trans leak fluid from where the shift linkage rod goes into the transmission...but there has to be some sort of seal there. Lemme check at work tomorrow and I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey P10socal, what you need to do is pretty simple.

Get a new seal for the control rod.

Unbolt the shift linkage from the yoke on the control rod.

Pull back that rubber boot, you should see a roll pin in the control rod.

Drive the pin out with a punch.

Now you should be able to slide the yoke and the rubber boot off of the control rod.

Pry the seal out, with a screwdriver or prybar. Be gentle, you'll be prying against the aluminum tranny housing.

Drive the new seal in place, using a large socket.

Replace the rubber boot, then the yoke - drive a new rollpin in place to hold the yoke on.

Bolt the shift linkage back on.

VOILA!

Hope all goes well for you... you might want to change tranny fluid while you are at it, otherwise it will be oozing out the whole time that you've got the seal out of place.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. :cool:

But that shouldn't really be the problem. I don't think that it would cause so much of a leak. Maybe you are shifting too hard. =) But yeah, replace it, and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
gqsway said:
Exactly what I was going to say. :cool:

But that shouldn't really be the problem. I don't think that it would cause so much of a leak. Maybe you are shifting too hard. =) But yeah, replace it, and see what happens.

He posted pics saying that it was leaking from right there... I'm just going on what I have been told.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GEEZ Thanks so much.. I noticed that the seal isnt in all the way in..could i get these seals at a local automotive store??
Thanks again im going to hit it hard over the weekend...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yeah, I found out about that seal today...never seen that before. Anyway, be careful when you drive the new seal in, it's not suppossed to go all the way in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts