Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 93 p10 was leaking oil (or so i thought) for a while so i looked over it, couldn't see anything and decided to take it to the mechanic. the seal in my transmission was shot and one of the bolts was loose so he's fixing it for me. my questions to you all are: is this a common problem w/ our cars/engines? what caused this problem?

side note: i almost burnt down my house just now:eek: . i started sauteing (sp) some garlic and came downstairs to get on g20.net. then i didn't hear any popping from the grease so i go up there and the pan is on fire. luckily i smothered the fire and their was no damage.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 93.5 G20 which had a bad leak. I took it to the dealer to get an estimate on the fix, and they told me $1500. I said no way and figured I could pay for a lot of oil for that price. On the next service, I had them check the oil leak again. This time the price came back about the same, but they also said I had three leaks. I requested a quote on the worst leak, and the price came back $125. I had them fix the oil leak. I don't remember exactly where the leak was.

I haven't see a drop of oil since that time. Apparently, the other two leaks are really minor. The car now has about 108,000 miles on it.

One time, just after I got the car, I had a transmission oil leak (manual transmission) where the transmission had slightly separated from the engine. That was fixed under warrantee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts