Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
im pretty sure this works on b15 trannies too('99-02). thats according to a write-up on sr20forum.com that i ran across.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Has anyone here actualy used the Phantom Grip? I remember reading this article when it came out and being very interested, but since then i've heard several negative comments about the product (mostly people referring to it as the "phantom-slip"). Does anyone here actualy have any first hand experiance with it?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i had a JGY in my P10 turbo, it worked great and i pulled it out when the car was totalled and put it into my P11 turbo..
both cars had stock VLSD..

impressions- before under heavy acceleration out of turns the car would spin the inside and you really wouldn't go anywhere... frustrating

after, when you accelerate out of turns it pulls out much straighter... sometimes with the power i'd understeer a bit out of turns, but it felt much more stable when i would accelerate... from a stop you can definitely feel both wheels spinning together...

i played with putting one wheel in sand and the other on asphalt and the sandy tire would grab... it worked alright.. i've driven cars with quaife's and nismo LSDs.. those definitley work great and the LSD holds the wheels together much better than the JGY

i guess a good way to compare would be:
stock=0% grab
VLSD=15%
JGY=20%
JGY+VLSD=50%
Nismo one way =60%
Quaife=75%

100% would be bad, you wouldn't be able to make turns for shit and would have heavy understeer on a FWD car, the quaife is JUST right

to be honest i feel like the JGY with VLSD works perfect for my application.. .so far its been reliable and when i pulled it out of the P10, i didnt see any wear and tear on it and i had 25k on it. i was running 240 hp on it but i plan on pushing 350+ with my P11 so we'll see how long it lasts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
this is FAQ worthy info.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
So wich one is the cheapest? So can a regular person install this off course i now about mechanics but i mean a person that works on cars but dosent work ass that.

·
Registered
844 Posts
hmmmmm that jgy option is interesting........since my vlsd is so worn out and all........

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Yea I have a JGY LSD but I'm waiting for my clutch to need replacing before fitting that and the Fidanza flywheel and CAP clutch. I'm not really looking forward to stripping the gearbox.
I'll see if I can find the instructions and then I'll scan them and post them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Phantom Grip is now 499.95. They must have seen this post and anticipated a few SALES!!! HAHAHA Or they have made it even better than before.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts