Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know if i could ever make my car stick its auto now 2001 g20 is it possible how much you think thanxs:-\

·
Registered
692 Posts
I had the same question so I called Jason at JGY Customs and he said it would probably run about 850-950 to get everything done

·
Registered
952 Posts
not upset just bitter

I also feel your pain padwan. I am too a automatic and lorn to be at one with my engine.

I think I am going to save up to get my car converted to a manual, and then work on the turbo are cars should have came to america with anyways. Then I feel like The G will fit properly with the other sports sedans in our class.:monkey:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too feel your pain! I own my 99G20t! It's all paid off! So I plan on keeping it for a long time! And there’s nothing more that I want than for it to be a manual trans!!! It's going to cost! But if you plan on keeping the car for a while like I have, I think it's well worth it! Just do your homework and find someone who has TREMENDOUS experience in swaps! I plan on having mine done pretty soon. I’ve heard quotes for as much as 2gs, but I’m still researching on what’s a reasonable deal. If 850-950 is right, then I’m in the game! And despite what many may say, I believe with the right people things will go smoothly…So go for it! :evil:

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
hehehe just wondering, how come u guys didnt buy it stick in the first place? (is it cuz of the wife?)

·
Registered
952 Posts
They diddnt have any sticks avalible when I went unless i wanted a 2002, (wich I couldent afford) so I got what I could I only had a another week to find a car and all used G20's I looked at where auto's. Well I did Find one stick with HIGH Milage. i got my 99t with 29k on it. 14,9 they had a 99 standard at another lott for 17,9 with 70k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I didn't care about the mileage... I got my 99' M/T with 51K on the odo... it was the only one in the lot with an M/T but the dealer told me straight up that they are very rare and to date I haven't found anybody else in my area with a 5 speed G20 (well P11 that is!)

·
Registered
952 Posts
lucky

I woulda snached it up in a 5 speed tranny, the way I look at it is this, I will just swap the manual in, and add the 1k to the price of the car. I plan on keeping my G forever and then getting a G35 coupe after that a 240sx, then a Maxima, after that a 300zx (90 - 96) and then the granddady of them all a Skyline. I want a fleet of nissans.:evil:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 92 BMW 325i that was giving me so many problems it was unbelievable! I'm talking about reoccuring window tracking probs, clutch probs, suspension probs and the whole nine!

So when I decided on a 99 G20, there were no more 5 speeds in colors that I wanted. Only a red one and I didn't want red. I decided on a auto because I live in L.A. and have to deal with some of the worse traffic to get to school and work. I thought maybe it would be best for me to deal with an auto and spare myself the headaches of inching along in traffic for a hour and half or so!

Plus I told myself that I would retire from modifying my car! Before my Beamer, I had a 92 honda accord all tricked out which was stolen from UCLA, ripped apart, found, repaired by idiots only to never be the same again! After that, I thought I was threw with the import scene,but apparently not! So here I am starting anew again!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Re: sure it is possible

Chris said:
Of course it can be done.. but are you willing to spend the money? You'd be better off selling the car and finding a stick instead by the time you are done!
Easier said than done my friend. P11 manuals are about as rare as the Bald Eagle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just an idea

I dont know how much this would cost or if it can be done but while you are at it why dont you look into the poss og getting a slap shifter instead? Like the one on the Alfa 156 (selespeed I think)

Just a thought and I repeat I dont know if it can be done

Peace

Gman CR

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
akuma810 said:
hehehe just wondering, how come u guys didnt buy it stick in the first place? (is it cuz of the wife?)

I agree, spending alot of money to get something you dont want?? You have a 2001 G20 and are gonna butcher it to switch to manual? Shoulda got a stick first off or waited to find one. If u really cant control your need to pop a clutch swap cars for a 5spd, Im not sure Id ever butcher a car like that

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
hey guys!

I don't understand what all the fuss is about..

I've been driving stick shift cars for a long time and I'm not all that impressed with the G20 stick shift version. I don't feel much of a fun factor in it like I do when driving any of the following OTHER stick shift cars:

Audi TT
Porsche 944, 928, 911 or Boxster
VW Scirocco 16V
VW GTI
WRX
1990 Celica (YES AN OLD CELICA WAS MORE FUN TO SHIFT)

The G20 stick sort of feels like driving my dad's former VW Vanagaon.. long throw, mushy.. not much umph.. more like work than fun factor..

OF course this is ONLy my humble opinion!!!

I just don't think that Infiniti has as of yet to have a great stick shift car... BUT I've heard that the new G35 is supposed to change all that.. they have compared the shifting to a Boxster so I'm really looking forward to a test drive of that car!

·
Registered
952 Posts
well...

Better controll of speed, even if the G's stick isnt to fun to drive to you, it's better than racing with a auto....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts