Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Transmission don’t drive when i put it in 1st gear I have to hit the pedal on the way down even than the car barely moves like 2 feet but when I put it in 2nd it goes but not how it’s supposed to than in drive the rpms just go up and it doesn’t change gears and it feels like the car takes off around 25mph than it like slows down itself someone please help me.

·
Suzie Kl0ne
3,033 Posts
sounds like the transmission is toast... perhaps the shift solenoids could be bad or low on fluid. I'd probably just find a used transmission in good condition and swap it in. Before any of that, I'd try to get it properly diagnosed by reading and codes or taking it to a shop for some sort of inspection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I lifted the car so there’s less tension on the tires and put it in 1 gear first and the tires don’t even move till I hit the gas 2nd and D the tires move but they stop for like 2 seconds than go again lol

·
Suzie Kl0ne
3,033 Posts
So I got p0731 N p0732 code which is incorrect gear Ratio what should I replace first senors Or Take Torque converter out ?
Sounds like there could be more diagnosing to do. Looks like the TCU is not getting the right reading from the speed sensor. so I'd start with the sensor and a multimeter and confirm you are getting the right voltage. If that is working correctly then I'd entertain the idea of replacing the fluid. other than that it could be shift solenoids, torque converter, bad transmission or bad TCU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts