Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need some help from anyone that might still be out there...

2002 P11, went from auto to manual. Car is running, but CEL is on with tranny codes and I can't pass emissions with the light on.

I have the manual ecu from the old car (2001 p11), but can't find a locksmith who won't hang up as soon as I say 'swapped ecu'. I have plugged the new ecu in, it fits fine, but car won't crank due to the transponder.

I took it to the dealer but they told me they are hesitant to touch it since it's 'not stock'.

Can anyone help with specifics of what I need to do to resolve this?? In my head it's that I need to cut a new key that will fit based on the original VIN, then get the transponder coded based on the new VIN/ECU.

Can the dealer recode my current key to the new ECU??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I managed to sort it out, so answering here for future generations :D

Found a locksmith who would help after I promised him I would pay him whether it worked or not.

He cut the new replacement chip keys ($15 for 2 on ebay) to fit the ignition, and then I swapped out ECUs.
He then plugged his doodad into the obd port, and coded the new keys to the ECU and voila.

Car started right up and CEL gone! Also the alarm fob still works to unlock, lock, etc., which was something I was concerned about.

The car is driving so much better with the manual ECU, pulls much harder especially in 3rd through 5th, reminding me of why I went through the exercise of the swap (trying to relive the G20 experience after I sold my last one).

·
Registered
2 Posts
An ordinary locksmith helped me solve this problem. On the Vingurus service, I found out that I didn't have any sets of keys for my model and additionally I made a vehicle vin check to find out the model of my keys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts