• None

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much a newbie to performance modifications. Can anyone please tell me the difference between 4 into 1 Headers and Tri-Y Headers? I know Stillen's G20 headers (Part #508520) are 4 into 1, and HotShot's G20 headers (Part #NS3001), which is what I have, are Tri-Y. What is the difference in HP gain, if any?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
FINSTER 187 said:
I'm pretty much a newbie to performance modifications. Can anyone please tell me the difference between 4 into 1 Headers and Tri-Y Headers? I know Stillen's G20 headers (Part #508520) are 4 into 1, and HotShot's G20 headers (Part #NS3001), which is what I have, are Tri-Y. What is the difference in HP gain, if any?
Get a back issue of Sport Compact Car - December 1999 and read up on the SQUISH, BOOM, BANG article written by Mike Kojima as well as the section were they tested several headers on the SR20DE. All of your answers are there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had Stillen's older 4/1 header, hmm, here . I swapped to the Hotshot header and noticed more seat of the pants power. The engine revs a little better and sounds better as well. I am sure that the car is faster with the Hotshot header.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts