Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my headlight bulb burned out and I'm trying to pull them out (Silverstars). I don't remember having so much trouble unplugging the wire that goes in the back, but I can't seem to get it off. Any tips? I'm pulling pretty hard and it's not giving. There's that <--push--> thing on the back, and I've tried pressing in the middle, and squeezing the sides but it still won't give.

I did a search and found a similar post where someone suggested unclipping it from the housing and then prying it off, but is there an easier way to do it that taking it apart? I don't remember it being this hard to get it off, and I must just be missing something really easy.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

·
Banned
609 Posts
you're in luck buddy. i just had same problem last night and took my car to the dealership to have one of the techs check it out. turns out the headlight bulb burned into the harness, he was able to pry it out after a few mins but when I stuck in the new bulb it did not work so I got a new harness and will have a friend help me splice it. the new harness only cost $17 and the dealership said they would only charge me half an hour to put it on which amounted to like $40 but my friend is good at wiring and splicing so he's helping me do it.

i was in the garage for two hours last night sweating and pulling that thing and was so pissed off and mad at myself for not being able to get it out and feel better now that i know what needs to be done and it just wasn't my stupidity. the tech at the dealership said a lot of people have this problem with the bulb burning into the harness so we shouldn't feel bad or think we screwed up somehow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback, but i forgot to mention that i was able to get the burned one out. it's the other one that is not burned out that i'm trying to replace with a new bulb as well. i'm pulling out my silverstars and putting in regular bulbs. do you think it can burn into the harness even if it's not burned out?

·
Banned
609 Posts
if one bulb is not coming out the same way as another then I would think that means its burned into the harness but you may want a second opinion since i'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts