Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my newly purchased 96 g20 has a bit of a problem starting up. I just had the spark plugs replaced and it didnt solve the problem so I am wondering what could be the problem. It is harder to start on a cold start than if I had been driving it for 20 minutes. I have no idea what that means or what it could be seeing how the temp. effects it?! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
hmmm...not sure really... a thought that i had could be that there are a lot of miles on the car... it happened to this really old car that i had...it's a possibility that the oil might be too viscous for your conditions and when the car has been warmed up, the oil is a little thinner...

·
Registered
235 Posts
My G is the same. Cold starts take longer than they should. I changed the spark plugs and nothing it stayed the same. I'm thinking that it could be linked to the fuel system...but I'm not sure....I'm getting this checked out next week so hopefully I can find out whats wrong. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Mike.Com said:
If you haven't, change your fuel filter.
Yes! Change it and most definitely clean the throttle body out real good. Could be your throttle body is so gunked up it is causing the rough starts. Once it finally starts the ECU adjusts for the air/fuel mixture screw up and allows the car to run some what normal .

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have noticed that it is starting up better than normal. But it switched on me, about 4 days ago it would start up just perfect in the morning but now after ive been running it or when I come out from work after its been in the hot sun I have to give it a little juice, not as much as before but still have to. Please let me know what they say about yours itll help me out a great deal. Maybe eliminate need to go to shop. I also have had my fuel filter replaced right before it hit 60k so I dont think that is an issue.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
My car does thos also. Only it has to be sitting for a few days without being started in cold weather.

I changed plugs and fuel filter no change.

My solution:

The G is going to sleep next weekend for the next 9 months. And she will awaken with a new heart that will 'WHISTLE WHILE SHE TWRIKS ;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Well I will say this. It cant be a true sleeper if you dont put it to sleep!

DET's are all over the place over here and compared to your US dollar. I can get a DET for the price you guys would pay for a DE.

If I wasnt going to University this fall the project would be complete:evil:

Time and patience

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Oh I will, I have already started on my collection including:

Personalized plates

Euro Primera (Red/Black) Tails

Custom Clear Sidemarkers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts